J Stephens calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by jjseman, Mar 10, 2017.

1. fluffcommander

fluffcommander New Member

Using Butch’s jig? Lol How many jigs did butch have? All JS calls sound different and they sound NOTHING like any old RNTs, JS are the best calls I’ve ever blown. God rest Butch’s soul but these calls completely smoke any old RNTs, there’s just no comparison. Not in the same league, not even on the same planet. Honestly. Ask anyone who owns one. Using Butch’s jig would be a step in the wrong direction.

2. fluffcommander

And John never said he’s making all his calls from butch’s Jig, he said the first run of 25 calls marked with a “BRJ” will be made from Butch's jig as a tribute to Butch because he had agreed to not make his own calls until Butch had passed, just like Butch had done with Chick. He also said that those calls are no representation as to how his own calls will actually sound and he has several of his own jigs he developed to give them a signature sound.

3. jrode237

jrode237 Elite Refuge Member

Everything I've heard has mentioned what fluffcommander is saying. The first 25 calls to come from John on the J. Stephen's name came from Butchs jig, as a tribute to Butch. Since then, they've been completely his own. Butch is a legend no doubt and made RNT famous. But to say John doesnt know what he's doing when it comes to making excellent sounding calls is just plain foolish.....whether you like the guy personally or not.

4. fluffcommander

Actually is was the first 30 calls that we’re done on Butch’s jig - 14 Improveds, 2 Mr Johns, 6 Batley Standards & 8 Batley Shorts.

5. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Let's hear that soundfile!!!! Proof is in the pudding

Stump

6. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

Yes please....hard to believe they are as great as you say without hearing them

7. fluffcommander

There’s videos of the man himself on his & RNTs social media. As long as you like whiskey & steak, all are welcome to come over to my place & try them too. PM me if your are interested.

8. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Aka....I cant blow a call.

Stump

DrakeStar likes this.
  9. fluffcommander

10. Mallard Machete

Mallard Machete Elite Refuge Member

To heck with those calls. I like whiskey and steak!!!

fluffcommander and OneShotBandit like this.