Jihadists Rarely Motivated by Islam

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Wastinshells, Aug 27, 2014.

1. A5Mag12

A5Mag12 Elite Refuge Member

How many videos you got of Christians beheading gays? I looked on youtube and couldn't find one.

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

Again, you were raised in the church but not taught that the OT law and NT christianity, where Christ came to fulfill the law and ushered in the very practice of the religion of following Jesus CHRIST, are different in several ways? Not surprising you turned away from what you were raised on, who wouldn't?

Do you contend that 'literal' following of the Bible would include animal sacrifice? Going to the temple? That's what CHRIST taught and what christians are to do?

3. Wastinshells

Wastinshells Elite Refuge Member

Let me know when Christians stop using that verse to push their anti-gay agenda into law.

I do not disagree with you that the OT should not be used literally. I wasnt raised to think that, you inferred it. I was simply showing samples of violence in the bible.

4. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

:l According to Muslims, if you can't read Arabic, you can't have read the kuran.A huge % of Muslims cannot read any language, much less the kuran. They are chained to the kuran as TOLD to them, by clerics. Clerics tell only the pars of the kuran they think Muslims should hear. What Islam is believed to be, is therefore dependent on either apologists or instigators. We have many of the former in the west, and the latter all over. Regardless, the kuran is not taken as a whole, in context, and in historical sequence, as Christians do with the Bible, or Jews with the Torah. There are kuranic facts, that are commonly dismissed out of hand, since their source isn't a Muslim, NOT because they aren't accurate.

http://blogs.cbn.com/ibrahim/archive/2014/03/24/why-moderate-islam-is-an-oxymoron.aspx

http://www.islamreview.com/articles/inventionofislam.shtml

5. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

I'm really not trying to bait anything. I think it's rather obvious what I was getting at. Your answers were ignoring the rather obvious point I had already made.

Germany post-WWI was in shambles. Urban areas in this country are in shambles. Africa is in shambles. The ME, following the Arab spring, is in shambles (and before, but dictators kept things in check).

Opportunities in those places are remote at best, and generally unattainable for most. Insert evil people who know how to manipulate others. Insert cash. Insert ideology that offers an escape from said shambles....be is Islam, be it Nazism, be it tribal strife, be it respect, purpose, worth, admiration, etc. You have a recipe for extremism.

It gets to what the original article was speaking to. Islam alone is not the reason these guys are turning to violence. The attraction to islamic jihad is not dissimilar to the attraction of gangs to urban youths.

I'm not discounting Islamic influences on the mess going on the ME. I'm not apologizing for radicals, murders, or a book written thousands of years ago. What I am contending is that Islam, in and of itself, is not the sole reason for the situation we're facing, and that extremism is much more complex than just religion, misplaced pride, tribal history, family structure, etc. It's all part of it, and then some, and the issues discussed in the article (remember that) have merit (which is should be obvious when looking at other examples of extremism both current and historical).

That's been my entire thesis all along, and it's a point that should be obvious and agreeable for any reasonable person. I know I posted it, so it's just impossible for some to leave alone and try not to win points, contort to mean something entirely different, or stand in the corner and pout. My gosh it's laughable the responses that such a contention has brought out from some.

6. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

Springboard for hate?

So if you think homosexuality is wrong you must be a CHRISTian? I happen to be a Christian but don't think homosexuality is wrong because Jewish Law says it is. I don't agree with that behavior because it has no natural purpose, it is abnormal behavior being foisted on gullible people as something normal, not because of what some guy who has been dirt for 2500 years said.

7. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

...and just to add:

Islam CREATED 99.9% of the socio/economic and tribal issues inherent to the ME, so attempting to argue that those factors are 'contributors', is (again), bass ackwards. Muslims destroyed thousands of years of civilization and knowledge, between 400-1900 AD. Since 1900, they've (ME) had the most stable form of wealth production known to man, oil. What have they replaced ME civilization with in 1500 years? ISIS?

8. okie drake

Well, you were asked to defend your statement that the bible teaches for christians to stone gays. It does not and you've now backhandedly admitted such.

'Samples of violence' is something that you've now inserted after we were several posts into a discussion about what you said. That's called diversion.

9. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

Blahhh, Blahhhh, Bllaaaahhhhhh.

If Islam is not the sole reason/impetus for Islamic terrorism why aren't Christians in the very same areas, who are subject to the very same economics, government and lack of opportunity, terrorists as well?

Take Islam out of the picture, does terror occur? Of course not, it's all about jihad, 72 virgins, Allahu Akbar, Mohammed, blah, blah, blah.

Doubt you have the fortitude to engage, however.

10. okie drake

I guess the particular one who gave me my copy was behind the times.:l:l

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014