Jihadists Rarely Motivated by Islam

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Wastinshells, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Blacklab227

Blacklab227 Elite Refuge Member

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409263475.618008.jpg

2. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

What I believe is that it is the koran he gave me. That pretty well sums up my belief on it.

I also find generalizations to be useful but they are what they are.

Notions such as 'muslims are either terrorists or complicit' simply fall short. They fall short logically. They fall short based on my own personal experience.

Mike Tyson is not a terrorist, nor is he to my knowledge complicit. He's a troubled, misguided, deeply scarred chump who from my observations (limited as they are by default) has found something productive for his life in islam.

Malcolm X was not a terrorist. Arguably wanted to be one and/or was headed that direction in his early years but did not finish that way.

M. Ali is not a terrorist and is not complicit to my knowledge.

L. Farrakhan is a scumbag who could definitely be argued to be a terrorist.

Islam is the common theme but they are as different as their theology.

Muslims need to step up, no question. Muslims may very well be the only hope as bill cooksey has referenced.

Given that such may be the case, gonna be kinda hard to head that direction when you've already determined they're essentially all terrorists or complicit, is it not?

3. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

ISIS is doubling down on the rewards for fighting for them. They can promise virgins now and in the afterlife.

4. okie drake

So you acknowledge that for thousands of years the law has been fulfilled by the coming of Christ and followers are to live by his teaching, yet you gave your earlier comment. Hey bro, you're really confused.

When a christian wishes to state his stance on homosexuality, he has NT scripture saying it's sinful. If one wishes to reference OT law, that's pretty telling.

5. okie drake

Kissing one of the bees beats kissing Pelosi?

Yes, the ME is ISIS and random Toyotas. Nuke every hive.

6. ALMODUX

ALMODUX Elite Refuge Member

I left the smilies/laughies off on purpose... Just like I'm sure you did in the previous post. ;)

Seems many here perceive generalizations and over-simplifications, whenever something is plainly stated. I seldom get those luxuries, aside from here. Yet here, I see so much overcomplifying of the simple, when it's not that complex, and dismissal of the complex as simple....seems to be whichever is needed to sound buttery at the time...I tend to care little for the nuances.

7. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Like Squaller said, I too have quite a few Muslim customers. I tell you they are the nicest most polite folks for the most part you could hope to deal with. Brutally tight, but hey, I've been accused of being tight:nutz

All that said, we all say the same thing amongst ourselves. When we are gone from their shop, we half jokingly wonder which one of them has dibbs on cutting whose head off first:z

8. Wastinshells

Wastinshells Elite Refuge Member

9. fishnfool

fishnfool Elite Refuge Member

10. blinddog

blinddog Elite Refuge Member

"I am your brother in Islam here in Syria. We have safety here for your family and children," said a Western jihadist on video, urging potential ISIS recruits to come join the fight in Syria.

It's all part of a high-tech propaganda machine ISIS has developed to reach out to militants in Europe, Canada and the United States.

Not so much...:reader

The OP claims that Muslims commit terroristic acts by as much as movies and comic books.

Your article (see bolded portion above) states that ISIS/ISIL is recruiting MILITANTS, not some impressionable kid, but those who have ALREADY been radicalized.

Your source claims they are recruiting radicals using fancy, modern promotions, not creating them with glitzy messages as the OP claims.