Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

Johnboat floor covering.

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by captbil2003, Oct 10, 2018.

1. captbil2003

captbil2003 Refuge Member

Bought a Godevil 16/56 with a Godevil 31hp motor. Floor paint is badly worn. Looking for best floor paint, laminate,or vinyl to cover, protect and not be so darn hot. Looking for suggestions.thanks in advance!

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

There are 100 threads on here relating to Hydroturf. Just search for them. It is hands down the best material you can put on your floor for thermal insulation and slip resistance. It comes in sheets and can be purchased in various colors and camo patterns or (the cheapest way) in a dark gray budget pattern that many put in their boats.

Go Hydroturf and thank me later.

3. callinfowl

callinfowl Kalifornia Forum

Yep, go with hydro turf the stuff weighs nothing, won't absorb water of gas and is easy to install.
    Go with the grey seconds to save a little money, cuzz the stuff ain't cheap.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

FIL found some camo seconds for his boat from them. Keep an eye out and you may be able too also. His has been installed for years, and his boat isn't covered from weather in any way. It is just now starting to show some deterioration. If you intend to use this boat during the hot months, that stuff is AWESOME.

5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

The HT in my current boat has now been there 10 years and is as good as the day I put it down.

stevena198301 likes this.
  6. captbil2003

7. captbil2003

8. BobGlover

BobGlover Senior Refuge Member

I didn’t want to spend that much money, so I got the Sears interlocking exercise mats & glued them with Weldwood adhesive. Work great.

Fowler267 and freefall like this.
  9. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

I don't over think or over budget this subject. I use OPPS paint from Home Depot, Lowes, or the local True Value hardware store. I pull the plywood floor boards about once every 3 or so years. Don't bother washing them. The rain did it for me all summer. I find the cheapest, ugliest 4 inch brush and slap on a coat. Then go drink a couple of beers while sitting in the shade with a portable radio or go do some other chore as they bake and dry in the sun. About an hour later I slap on another thick coat of my $5 a gallon paint in earth tones that I mixed with other OPPS paint to make OD green, more or less. I don't care about the recommended drying times between each coat, surface prep, blah blah blah. This paint will also be slapped on blinds and just about anything else of the ducking persuasion. Thinking of painting the dog, but she is too on to me and runs away.....giving me the "look".

GUNNERX2 likes this.
  10. warrenwaterfowler

warrenwaterfowler Senior Refuge Member

I use anti slip/ergonomic mats intended for commercial kitchen use- easy on the feet, don't get hot, very sturdy, and cleans up easy. I layed down 1.5" insulation board between ribs underneath to provide support. 20181014_093412.jpg

Attached Files:

Fowler267 likes this.