Minnesota Flyway Forum Sponsors

Johnson v Walz

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by KENNEDY63, Oct 31, 2018.

1. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

Minnesota gubernatorial candidates Tim Walz, Jeff Johnson state their cases on the outdoors

Outdoors Writer Dennis Anderson Interview Excerpt

Star Tribune October 29

Q Can management of Lake Mille Lacs be improved?

Johnson: I'm not an expert on the lake, its resources or its management, but co-management of the lake as it is currently administered isn't working. Mille Lacs has an amazing history, but right now it's not there for the benefit and enjoyment of everyone. We have a court decision in place, and I'll follow it. But as governor, and with whomever I pick as DNR commissioner, I'll bargain hard with the Chippewa bands to ensure the resource is managed better.

Walz: The Mille Lacs controversy has to do with sovereignty and relationships, and also climate and the changing lake. Let's be clear: The treaty and the U.S. Supreme Court decision are the law of the land. I reject any attempt to go to the Supreme Court again to overturn the 1837 treaty. That's not going to happen. Nor do we want it to. But there is potential for the state and the Chippewa to work better together. Improving the lake is in everyone's interest.

2. Zehyani

Zehyani Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for posting. Reminded me to go to each candidates website to see what their positions were.

3. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Looks like more of the same in MN. How in the heck did Ellison win! Oh yeah I know.....ignorant voters. Party over state or country.

4. KENNEDY63

KENNEDY63 Elite Refuge Member

The metro is too blue. Look at any election map for statewide elections in Minnesota. The majority of the land mass in MN is red.

Us country folk are being governed by the urban mobs.

take'm likes this.
  5. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Yep. It’s a tough battle to win. I live in Roseau County with a population of about 16,000 people. Probably that many people living within a few blocks in some of cities.

6. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Told my wife if Ellison won we would have to move to WI (land of Scott Walker). The sign did not have to go up.

7. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Same can be said for the entire country. West coast and northern half of the East Coast is pretty blue.