Joshua Chamberlain suggestions?

Discussion in 'Book Forum' started by okie drake, Jul 9, 2013.

1. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

My usual tactics aren't producing much that I'm too confident in.

Wanting to read a good bio on Chamberlain.

Suggestions?

2. Lazysob

Lazysob Refuge Member

Check these out:
    The American Heritage Picture History of the Civil War, by Bruce Catton, American Heritage, New York, NY, 1988.

"Bayonet! Forward": My Civil War Reminiscences, by General Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, Stan Clark Military Books, Gettysburg, PA, 1994.

Don Troiani's Civil War, text by Brian C. Pohanka, Stackpole Books, Mechanicsburg, PA, 1995.

His Proper Post: A Biography of General Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, by Sis Deans, Belle Grove Publishing Company, Kearny, NJ, 1996.

In the Hands of Providence: Joshua L. Chamberlain and the American Civil War, by Alice Rains Trulock, The University of North Carolina Press, Chapel Hill, NC, 1992.

The Passing of the Armies: The Last Campaign of the Armies, by Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain, 1915, reprinted by Stan Clark Military Books, Gettysburg, PA, 1994.

Reminiscences of the Civil War, by General John B. Gordon, Morningside, Dayton, OH, 1993.

Soul of the Lion: A Biography of General Joshua L. Chamberlain, by Willard M. Wallace, 1960, reprinted by Stan Clark Military Books, Gettysburg, PA, 1991.

Through Blood and Fire: Selected Civil War Papers of Major General Joshua Chamberlain, by Mark Nesbitt, Stackpole Books, Mechanicsburg, PA, 1996.

The Twentieth Maine: A Volunteer Regiment in the Civil War, by John J. Pullen, Morningside House, Inc., Dayton, OH, 1991.