Jr Hunter reg help.

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by Looking for the X, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Looking for the X

Looking for the X New Member

Hello, I'm going to be introducing my 10 year old daughter to waterfowl. I was hoping someone could let me know what opportunities she has and how it works?
    Example, if she puts in for a refuge and gets drawn how many adults can go? Can the adults shoot? 90% of the time it will be she and I and my wife if she is allowed.
    I'm asking about adults shooting incase she has cripples etc. I've never been involved with Jr hunters on refuges. I'd appreciate any info. I plan to stop at F&G but thought I'd ask incase I get a new employee...

2. DuckFan

DuckFan Elite Refuge Member

3. Looking for the X

4. feetdown7

feetdown7 Refuge Member

Check out the options on the CWA website. Amazing opportunities for youths

thekillerofmallard likes this.
  5. CADUCKWHACKER

CADUCKWHACKER Senior Refuge Member

CWA has awesome youth hunts also a few special women hunts at grizzly island my daughter did it had an awesome time expensive but very safe and worth it

6. HEISPOONBUSTER

HEISPOONBUSTER Senior Refuge Member

Yolo lets Jr's in when the quota is full but you cant shoot

7. Sweatliner

Sweatliner Elite Refuge Member

Getting a ressie now a days is like winning a power ball ticket. Don't rely on that to hit the refuges. Lots of Jr opportunities all over at the refuges. Afternoons are great to refill a refuge and show her the lay of the land and hit a spot with no people. Have fun this season

DuckFan and thekillerofmallard like this.
  8. Looking for the X

Thanks for all the info guys. Just to clarify if we show up at Delevan, or Sutter mid November we draw just like everyone else correct? However there is special youth shoots (late season, CWA, etc)