Judges legalize gay marriage

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by ericDC, May 15, 2008.

1. ericDC

ericDC Elite Refuge Member

Was listening to Micheal Savage a while ago talk about 4 activist judges who threw out the marriage act you all voted on and have now legalized gay marriage. Hope you guys can get a constitutional amendment on the ballot in November and let the voters decide instead of the supreme court.

2. ericDC

3. Hunter/Gather

Hunter/Gather Elite Refuge Member

Eric,

OK, I'll go first. It won't have any effect whatsoever on my 20 year marriage one bit if somebody else wants make a committment and get married to someone else. I doubt it will affect you down there in Louisiana either.

But unfortunately that won't stop one group from using this opportunity to wage a "moral" war against another group.:rolleyes:

Maybe................. just maybe, we should make sure government stays out of people's lives at every opportunity and then we might actually have the opportunity to live our lives with the freedoms our Constitution intended.

Do you have a problem with that too? I'll bet you do.

Mitch Farro

Oh, I shoot a Browning Gold too.

4. nodukfly

nodukfly Elite Refuge Member

Oh boy here we go again :sp only in Cali fornia :dv I thought we voted on this a few years ago? :confused:

5. Let Em Work

Let Em Work Elite Refuge Member

Mitch, as I'm certain this thread will eventually get moved to the political forum, I think you miss the point here.

The fact of the matter is "we the people" voted "NO" on this at the ballot box and some rotten scum in black robes gave "we the people" the middle finger.

How does it feel that 4 stalinistic judges just threw out the votes of millions of Californians?

That's not a healthy democracy.

LetEmWork

6. slowshooter

slowshooter Banned

Kevin,
    With all due respect. The judges are neither stalinistic or activists.

The constitution guides us - not the wish list of the voters.

Had the vote been for keeping Jewish folks in brick compounds it would have been thrown out as well. You can't promise equality then pick and choose who is going to get treated fairly.

Tough call for the folks on the court because now they'll be targeted by the religious right or those that think they are being somehow injured by this decision. But they made the correct decision.

Candidly I'm happy for the gay folks because now they can have what everyone else have - homes and families. Without being second class citizens.

So democracy in action? Yep... Works good too.

7. ericDC

Mitch, I am a libertarian so I definately believe in the Constitution but when 4 judges overthrow a vote that was presented to the people of your state that seems contrary. I"m not as well versed in politics as maybe you are or someone else here but 4 versus however many citizens voted just doesn't seem right.

What happens when churches, synogogues, and mosques refuse to wed homosexual couples and the govt. steps in?

8. thedckstpshere

thedckstpshere Elite Refuge Member

You know, I couldn't be happier for the gays and the state of CA. Last I checked, one of our country's founding documents states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The judges ruled to legalize gay marriage because it is unconstitutional in the state of CA, to tell someone who they can and cannot marry.
    So, this ruling goes against the foundation of our government? Really???

Also, Let Em Work, the 2nd amendment lays ground work for our guns to stay with us. Nowhere is there documentation saying only a couple consisting of a man and woman can get married.

9. thedckstpshere

thedckstpshere Elite Refuge Member

Isn't that how George W. got elected?

10. Let Em Work

Let Em Work Elite Refuge Member

Baiz, with all due respect, you're 100% wrong.

This is why "we the people" vote and have our say at the ballot boxes. It's not for the courts to decide these matters.

What if there was an initiative on a ballot that said your local government wants to take your gun(s) away and "we the people", at the ballot box,said no you're not? Then, somehow it ends up in a court of radical judges that overrule the people and their votes and they take your gun(s) away?

Awww, bet you'd change your tune then!

I voice my opinion out of respect for you.

LetEmWork