Judges legalize gay marriage

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by ericDC, May 15, 2008.

1. flashman

flashman Elite Refuge Member

The only reason Roe is still good law is the concept of "super"stare decisis et non quieta movere.

2. lancej

lancej Elite Refuge Member

Misspelled Latin quotes aside, a discussion of Roe V Wade applies to Gay Marriage how?

The Pro-Lifers should be ecstatic. There are NO unwanted babies in a Gay Marriage. There are NO abortions in a Gay Marriage. Roe V Wade won't be an issue.

Perhaps our resident Endocrinologist/lawyer/professor/philosopher/"who knows this week" can clarify the connection.

Lance

3. jaeger19

jaeger19 Elite Refuge Member

Not true. The Supreme court makes the decision on what appeals it is willing to hear. If it truly wanted to "let sleeping dogs lie" then it would simply fail to hear those cases challenging Roe vs Wade. This is a favorite tactic for justices to avoid cases they don't want to be associated with. But it has not. It has taken up subsequent challenges and yet still Roe vs Wade still stands.

I find it funny that you want to place importance on case law written "400 years ago" ...laws written 200 years before the US Constitution was concieved. YET, you discount the Case Law precedents of the last 30 years...:z
    and the case law regarding the application of the ninth and 14th amendments.

4. flashman

flashman Elite Refuge Member

Nice, ou're reduced to picking on typos; that and my education, that really must grind your liver. . I'll bet you stay awake at night, bemoaning your poor pitiful existence.

As to the connection: go back and read the thread. Jaeger gets it, as do a number of other readers. I'm not going to rehash it for you.

5. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

You are temporarily correct. But I bet it won't be long before the gays complain that they are discriminated against because they can't have children (not sure if they'll complain to the courts or god though). If they choose the courts, it seems only fair that we tax payers should fund research for and then provide uterin transplants for one of husbands. Then and only then, will the discrimination end.

6. okie drake

okie drake Elite Refuge Member

For some, their position indicates they would have to support such. Not me.

7. lancej

lancej Elite Refuge Member

Ah yes, the proverbial "ripple of evil". Gay couples are not having a problem having children. Gay marriage will not change that.

Lance

8. yellowlab03

yellowlab03 Elite Refuge Member

Boy you really showed him.

YL03

9. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

LOL!

10. seastreet

seastreet Banned

Saw this and couldn't help but laugh my arse off. This was on Jimmy Kimmel's show regarding Tim Hardaway remarks regarding homosexuals...

It starts out kind of serious, and slides down into hilarious real quick...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AScqvJb9UsQ

Mods... let me know if you think it is a bit much and I'll take it down without argument. There is NO profanity, nudity or anything really tasteless, but just a good piece of humor from George Takei.