Judges legalize gay marriage

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by ericDC, May 15, 2008.

1. lancej

lancej Elite Refuge Member

I don't see a problem...that is unless we have some Professional Basketball players lurking here on the PAF.

Lance

2. lancej

lancej Elite Refuge Member

On this topic...the ruling on Gay Marriage was news. The fact that gays are now marrying is NOT news. Why must we be subjected to 15-20 minutes of stories on each and every wedding that is taking place.

Here is what needs to be reported

Talking Head: Gays, after winning their landmark case, began marrying today.

Talking Head: Now, some real news. No one was ridiculed on the PAF today, the world stands in mute wonder :l :dv

Lance

3. seastreet

seastreet Banned

6:00 pm newscast is still a few hours away. Be patient. I'm sure AJ will be along shortly to dash that hope. :l :dv

4. Speckslayer

Speckslayer Elite Refuge Member

Because good news is boring. It's the sick, bizarre, and horrific stories that attract viewers and boost ratings. If these were good stories, no one would care.:D :D :D

5. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

I'm sure that it will quickly blow over.

6. Steve Borgwald

Steve Borgwald Elite Refuge Member

Day ain't over yet.

Curly,
    City Slickers.

7. flashman

flashman Elite Refuge Member

8. Tuck31

Tuck31 Elite Refuge Member

Thank you mayor Newsom! Save that Howard Dean moment on tape for when he runs for governor.

9. thomana

thomana New Member

SO, let me get this right...if 51% of the people voted to take your guns away...you would just gladly walk in and hand them over? Happy that democracy is working? Or would you then start spouting the constitution and all your rights guaranteed by it?
    Just curious...

10. seastreet

seastreet Banned

Good point. I agree that equal protection must be protected, but using guns is a poor example. No where in the US Constitution, is gay marriage specifically protected. The second amendment, however, does specifically covers firearms. If the people can vote on an amendment to state's constitution that bans recognition of gay marriage without violating the equal protection clause, then it would be legal. But that is the problem. It is nearly impossible to do that.

But personally, I don't think government should be in the marriage business to start with. I believe marriage is a religious institution, and government shouldn't be condemning or endorsing any kind of marriage. The door cannot swing just one way when it comes to the establishment clause. Keep your big government out of my religion.