Juneau in July

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by creighton58, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Erich_870

Erich_870 Senior Refuge Member

Douglas Island Pink And Chum. It's a fish hatchery and terminal fishery location. They release Pinks, Chum, Coho and Kings. There is a public fishing dock next to the fish ladder entrance.

Erich

2. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Ok now i know where you speak of- I've not ever fished there. Friends keep their boat iat Fishermen's Bend so we fish right next to it when looking for kings these days.

3. Erich_870

Erich_870 Senior Refuge Member

I like trolling for kings out in front of Fish Creek. A buddy and I SLAYED them a couple years ago.

Erich

4. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Best king fishing I've had was at Sitka years ago- used to get some off Shelter Isl- Louie & Clarks- The bread line near Jnu a few years ago but lately it's been real tough-Did some consulting for former owners of Bell Isl near Ketchikan one time and fishing there was out of the world-ditto the Nushagak river near Wood River- i was partner in Wood River Lodge and we had a floating camp there-also liked dipping in Copper R. or catching them in Gulkana R. before guides took over.

5. creighton58

creighton58 Elite Refuge Member

Just arrived in Juneau yesterday afternoon. Haven't got to see much of it yet but I love what I've seen so far. I'm staying up near Mendenhall Glacier and Skaters Cabin and I did some "exploring" down around the glacier yesterday.

If anyone wants to get together for some hiking, fishing, anything at all, just let me know. I'm here for a month by myself and have a lot of free time except when I'm at work (9am-5pm Monday-Friday).

6. avianelimanator

avianelimanator Elite Refuge Member

If you guys up there get the chance to meet up with Creighton, he is a great kid (man to those his age) to deal with. Was a great influence as the chairman of the Purdue chapter of DU and proved his leadership abilities by the amount of money raised and the awards recieved from the state and from the national cnventions over the last three years:tu

If you get a chance to get him out to enjoy the outdoors up there please do it for those of us down here in the no duck state that feel like we owe him, but will never have what you have up there:pra