Just a thought

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by seiowa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

Maybe we can either make a "Latest School Shooting" Forum, or have those punted into the politics area.

Next week's shooting is sure to gum up the front page of the Duck Hunters Forum.

It's the same people making the same arguments in the same way, every time. Amazes me that folks think they have an honest chance at legitimately changing someone's mind. The slowest animal on the planet to change and adapt is the over 30 white male. If you don't believe that, look at why divorce rates are 50%+.

But hey, when someone's wrong on the internet...

2. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Says the guy who's right in the middle of all of them....:yes

I see no need personally, but I'm very much of the opinion that one simply doesn't have to click on a thread if they don't want to read it.

WoodieSC and seiowa like this.
  3. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I’d rather have an “adults only” forum where the rules are more lax. Never happen though. I mean, it’s ok to teach 7th graders about contraceptives, but a thread broaching the subject gets axed here.

WoodieSC and Duck_Hunter_TX like this.
  4. seiowa

I'll give you that :l

But since the Vegas one I've not chimed in much. I'd rather discuss Jesus, pot, gay people, 9/11, the easter bunny, crappy beer, or any number of topics than rehash the 2a argument.

What's really stupid is we're all hunters and gun owners here. We are killing ourselves by trying to rip eachothers throats out, when nationally (NOT just on this site) we are all probably incredibly close on the "pro or anti 2a" spectrum. But its those minute differences that have folks hating each other. United we stand, divided we fall. It's not about getting the other side to "come around" because there are many areas in life you just ain't gonna budge. It's about how we can compromise to present a united front.

Don't get me wrong some of the discussion has merit, but for every post that does, there are 20 discussing the semantics of words like "AR" and "sporting rifle". Just dumb IMO.

Give the debate junkies all the fodder they want, just would be nice to open up a fun forum where you talk about duck hunting, boats babes and beer, etc and not see posts about children getting massacred, half a second of paying respects, followed by the same banter by the same people.

5. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I get it, and I think we all know that. I look at this site like a bunch of guys sitting around the camp shooting the bull and debating stuff, it's just what guys do. Like you say we're most likely much more alike than we let on.
    Then again some of you weirdos boil fish and watch soccer...o_O

WoodieSC likes this.
  6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

:clap :tu Yep.

7. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

Bring back Hoosier Jims !!!!

Rogue Hunter and TheDuckSlayer like this.
  8. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

Talking about babes is against the new rules, and the other stuff got old about 15 years ago. Except beer, that never gets old.

9. seiowa

I ain’t that weird, I pickle fish and watch wrestling.

10. seiowa

Old rules meant babes were fair game?