Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Just for all you Tennessee fans, Nash Buckingham fans, and East Tennessee hunters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by old_sxs, May 20, 2007.

1. brake man

brake man Senior Refuge Member

Please take a drive down Highway 61 (in North Mississippi) to Tunica and have lunch or dinner at the Blue and White Restaurant. This is a not a fancy place but has been in business since 1937 (for many years as a gas station) and has a long history with Nash Buckingham and all things Beaver Dam-related. Cafe Marie is a nice restaurant in downtown Tunica (south of main downtown) and is a great place to eat or check out the bar in the evenings. The Tunica Museum is on the north side of Tunica and is adjacent to the Arena. I think you will enjoy learning more about the area and the parts that reference Beaver Dam.

cras likes this.
  2. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

My name, but it belonged to my father at the time. :l That said, I suppose I saw my first duck out of the center blind at the Dyer Farm at age three. Had a lot of good times there, missed a bunch of birds and managed to hit one on occasion. Wish I could find a way to lease that place.

3. C MAY

C MAY Senior Refuge Member

I kind of figured it was your father, but wasn't sure.

4. brake man

brake man Senior Refuge Member

Drove to Tunica Friday evening with my boys with hopes of dropping off a boat and heading out to the blind to do some much-needed work on it. Unfortunately, the water was too low for us to launch the boats without slugging through lots of really nasty mud for a ways to get to a few inches of water. Would typically think hard about giving it a shot but what we found below put a kabosh on the whole idea. Several folks who I understand know their business have confirmed these photos show a gator slide right here where we store and launch our boats during duck season. Needless to say, we were closely watching our backs as we cleared brush and did what work we could do yesterday. Not so sure about this season on warm days in regard to hunting up next to the trees and buck brush. The dog will definitely be staying home until it gets good and cold.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. old_sxs

old_sxs Moderator Tennessee Forum Moderator

That place is very special, and Joe will be missed ---- I'm with you. lets find a way to visit one day--- Joe and I HAD A HUNT PLANNED, BUT FATE TOOK OVER.

6. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Wow, that was some digging Gil. Bill got to hunt the first place he saw a duck this season. Hope I get the same chance someday.

7. old_sxs

old_sxs Moderator Tennessee Forum Moderator

That would be some great new memories ---- It's always special to go back---to Eden!

bill cooksey likes this.
  8. wbillalexander

wbillalexander New Member

9. wbillalexander

10. wbillalexander

I am looking for a copy of "General Red Likker" can anybody help. I been off site for a while. Got some new Buckingham material I will report on soon and happy to report that the fine staff at Wapanocca have kept the cemetery there mowed the last two seasons after I got it cleared and mowed it for a couple of springs.
    Bill - email - wbillalexander@aol.com