Tennessee Flyway Forum Sponsors

Just for all you Tennessee fans, Nash Buckingham fans, and East Tennessee hunters

Discussion in 'Tennessee Flyway Forum' started by old_sxs, May 20, 2007.

1. cras

cras Elite Refuge Member

I'm not sure if you've received, and not to steal SxS's thunder, but I dug around and found it. Did you own a 76 Station by chance?

2. JackRuff

JackRuff New Member

I too am looking for a little help on the letters as well. I'm a student here at UT. Plan on visiting this collection in the library to see if maybe the letter has gotten there yet. If not, could someone please contact me at johncruffin@gmail.com

3. brake man

brake man Senior Refuge Member

Fun opening day with my 12 and 16 YO boys, especially as we were able to kill some ducks and I was able to "loosen up the leash" a bit more and let the boys stretch their wings and do a whole lot more this season. Think I can get used to letting them haul most of the gear, go pick up some ducks, pick up the decoys (I'm still handling throwing them out :)), and clean the ducks! :amen :tu Lots of fun watching them get in some good shooting and actually kill some ducks and then seeing them go out in the boat to retrieve some of them, especially back in the buck brush. A bald eagle was flying over the decoys and downed ducks so I figured we needed to pick up the ducks before he and his family members nearby snagged a couple for breakfast. :nutz

IMG_E1221.JPG

IMG_1198rs.jpg

IMG_1215.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

stevena198301 and riverrat47 like this.
  4. Swamp Warlock

Swamp Warlock Senior Refuge Member

Great report, Brake Man! I'm glad to see the old lake is still producing like it has for so many years.

5. MACDUCK

MACDUCK Senior Refuge Member

Gil, I would like to read the story.

Thanks,

6. PJV

PJV New Member

The history surrounding Nash, Beaver Dam, Wapanocca, the pushers, and other characters is fascinating. I find myself writing down names and places to google to see if there's any mention or history on them. Trying to find where Horace passed away and was buried, led me to other sites on the Wapanocca cemetery and eventually this thread. Just stuff in his stories like the Chickasaw Guard's Club yuletide cotillion where Nash met Irma, and people like John Yancey Eddins that died in WWI. I assume Nash used real names in his stories, some have information, others nothing. Again, love reading Nash's works and all the history surrounding it. Thanks Bill for your work in preserving the cemetery at the NWR. If anyone has a copy of the story or article that Gil first started this thread about way back on page 1, Nash going to UT, I would be most appreciative if you would PM me and I'll give you contact info to send it to. Would love to read it. Thanks!