Just out of curiosity how old are you and how many years have you been a waterfowler ?

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by callinfowl, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Beau Slaton

Beau Slaton Refuge Member

Now I know why everyone is such a smart *** on here. Bunch of old retired rats that think of witty jokes all day.

2. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Geezerville, as I knew it would be. I like to stand back in line at the check station and survey the crowd of old dudes sprinkled with a handful of youth hunters, wives and girlfriends. Try it, it's comical. I'll be 60 on the last weekend of this season. Anyone care to share with me how the %$#@ that happened so fast:eek: Dad had me out walking for pheasants long before I could carry a shotgun. He had me duck hunting with him as well, and I could never get enough. I"ll go with close to 50 years if I have to put a number on it. Luckily my health is good and I stay active, but sheet has started to hurt more often that never used to.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    callinfowl likes this.
  3. SutterduckHunter

SutterduckHunter Elite Refuge Member

I'm 48 and been hunting for 40 yrs. I was lucky enough to have a father that owned a duck club when I was younger. Now i'm teaching my boys how to hunt and they seem to really enjoy it.

4. Mike Larsen

Mike Larsen Elite Refuge Member

I'm 62, my dad took me to Mendota when I was 14 and I was hooked. I don't hunt like I used to as there always seem to be things I need to do. I got my son into it when he was around 14, and when he was at Camp Pendleton,we would make sure we hunted when he came home - now that he is out of the Marines, he has the fever. I still enjoy hunting with Let Em Work and BakerMan, along with CaliKev and the Refuge Princess. Maybe I'll hunt more this year.

callinfowl likes this.
  5. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

23, been duck hunting since I was 14.

6. dukdog

dukdog Elite Refuge Member

56 years and looking forward to another season.
    Had a friend who is gone on now who shared his club down at the grasslands had a senior member who no longer was able to hunt but would buy his license and stamps and hang out at the club house every opener.

callinfowl likes this.
  7. HEISPOONBUSTER

HEISPOONBUSTER Senior Refuge Member

51,38 or so years for the spoons

callinfowl likes this.
  8. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

36, been at it for 10 years. Always fished, late to the hunting game.

callinfowl likes this.
  9. Allinodad

Allinodad Senior Refuge Member

44 years old, been infected by this darn disease for ten years now. How long does it last?

callinfowl likes this.
  10. RiceHunter

RiceHunter Senior Refuge Member

62 years old and some 20+ years ago my best friend finally talked me into going with him to the rice and that one trip hooked me. Been full on all out since.

callinfowl likes this.