Just wanted to say....

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by Hoot, May 5, 2004.

1. Hoot

Hoot Senior Refuge Member

Exactly, the news will show that one or two people die in Iraq every day, what the american public fails to understand is that there are roughly 150k soldiers in Iraq, greeley has about 90k people in it, and guess what 1 or 2 people die in greeley every day. Now, dont take that statement as I dont honor the soldiers dieing in Iraq because those are my comrades and it hits home to me more than the civilians. but the 1 or 2 deaths in iraq each day are the bad things happening in Iraq, the news doesnt show the parades of thousands and thousands of Iraqis parading around prasing US troops for their work in Iraq, this is just one example I have many others but too much to type here.

My point is the Media has portrayed this situation in Iraq as a bad situation, but if you were there and did/saw the things I did, you would understand that this isnt a country thing, or a race thing, or a money thing, or and oil thing, this is something that is good for all humanity....wether or not that was the original intent of Bush, It was GODS intent and it is God's work we are doing in Iraq.

Tom

2. Goosedad24

Goosedad24 Senior Refuge Member

The balance of power thing kind of makes me laugh, because it really doesn't help things IMO..... For instance, one particular party wants to have total control and power over everything, including all three branches of Govt. They'll stop at nothing, even taking measures to insured if it's not a liberal judge, they won't even let them get an up or down vote, no matter what their qualifications are. Sure balance of power should be a good thing, but in the real world, it ain't working out that way.

As far as the Lesser of two evils, I will definatley agree there, there's some things that Bush has done that I don't agree with at all, however Kerry is the heavy weight champion of the world for that category, the guy doesn't even have the leadership ability to stay put on an issue, he'll vote one way, then a different way. His votes on defense spending really trouble me, deeply. My brother could be a dead man now had the rest of congress voted the way he did (no bradley or body armor to protect him) There is a night and day difference on the levels of evilness if you want to put it that way............

My mother-in-law is a huge democrat supporter, because she's been one her whole life, her whole family is that way. She doesn't pay attention to any of it though, when it's voting time, she'll vote D everytime, no matter what, that's all she looks for on the ballot. She's not paid enough attention over the years that she doesn't really realize the D party has changed so much from what they used to be. I can't even talk to her about it becuase she's not open minded. Zell Miller wrote a book about it, National Party No More (I think) perhaps I should get that for her for Mothers day?? Anyway, my point is that even though she won't open her mind enough to think about what's going on with who, I still respect her (as much as one can respect their MIL)

All I really truly care about is the security of our nation, I'll vote based on that and that alone, it won't be the person UBL hopes you vote for. :D

3. goosechaser

goosechaser Senior Refuge Member

Goosedad24,
    It seems to me you are confusing the balance of power with a conflict of interest. There is no doubt, major conflicts of interests going on everywhere and not just in the government. But case in point of the balance of power thing....Take Clinton and gun control...do you think we would have the gun rights today if there wasn't some semblence of a balance of power? The answer beyond a shadow of a doubt is NO! I have confidence it works and that is only one example. I think also that what we can agree on, is that we disagree.
    It's like the old saying you can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people all the time and so it goes with the government and elected officials

I also want to echo Fourthwinds sentiments from earlier.....I really appreciate all that the armed forces of our country do as well. Hoot and anyone else that is serving...THANKS!
    It is things like what the US troops are doing in Iraq that allows us all to voice our opinions like we are doing here.

Goosechaser

4. Gander D. Bander

Gander D. Bander Elite Refuge Member

Ok I am half lit from a calling lesson with Workhorse so now I shall make my point...
    Bush is a conservationist and a gun supporter, we get anyone in there that in ANTI gun or hunting we are in BIG trouble. Any Democrat black, white, green, or pink is against guns, bottom line! For tat matter for cripes sake they are against EVERYTHING!! Our world as we know it would completely chage not only if we couldn't hunt but more then that if I couldn't protect myself or my family from the criminals and vagrants that will still have the guns, no matter who is in power. GUN LAWS ONLY PROTECT THE CRIMINAL!
    Bush has handled the situation in the middle east as best as he can, I would hate to think the way Gore would have handled it. We would have NOT been in Iraq, their fearless leader would still be IN powerand further more The terrorist threat would be alot higher then it is right now! If we did go into war the troops would have been using sticks. There would not be a snowballs chance of helping the situation just making a BAD situation.... worse!!
    I don't agree with anything the Government does, I think they all are corrupt and looking out for number 1 but hey deal the hand that is dealt. There ain't nothing you or I or Joe Smoe down the street is gonna do to control them. Make it work, live everyday if its your last, and by all means as sportmans and hunters ALWAYS vote REPUBLICAN!!:tu :tu :tu

5. Goosedad24

Goosedad24 Senior Refuge Member

You bring up a great point, I didn't mean to make it sound as I had no confidence in balance of power, I can see many good things in it too, case in point, I'm really disappointed in the Democratic party, sometimes I can't see past that.......... :tu

I actually re-read my post and realize it doesn't make much sense, maybe I should stop posting from work, I have to leave here often to work, and lose my train of thought :eek: :eek:

What I really mean to say is a balance of power should work, and right now for the most part we have a pretty good balance of power, however I think we need it in all three branches of Govt., alas we have one party that is going against the system, and filibustering the floor vote for federal judges, if they don't meet their litmist test. Such as Miguel Estrada www.usdoj.gov/olp/estrada.htm for instance, Lots of great reading here.

I happen to think that's very wrong, I think the reason they resort to these tactics is to flood the judicial branch into excessive liberalism, Bush has nominated a good number of Judges, and a good number have been confirmed, others however who are highly qualified for the job, are not even given the chance to be confirmed, even if they would be by a majority vote, which is what's called for per the constitution by the way..........The few who have been held up due to this tactic (via a loophole) have been consertive judges, while the many who have been confirmed are not so conservative. (Yea can you believe Bush would even nominate anyone other than a conservative to the bench)

Perhaps we need less of a balance of power for a time, to help get it re-balanced in all three branches, I'm sure it will re-balance if that's truely what the people want. The D party seems to not want a balance of power more than anyone else if you ask me, at least on the bench, which is where I think we need it the most.

Gander, youre a drunk mofo!! :l :l I think "Every Democrat" is a little extreme, some are not against guns, unfortunatley they are not the democrats in charge of the "Party"

I can't say "Always" vote Republican, because one day that could change, probably won't ever, but it could........

6. Renegade

Renegade Senior Refuge Member

Hey GD24,,,,

Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce BounceBounceBounceBounceBounceBounceBounce (.)(.)

Glad you like:cool: Now that the Av's are out my avatar is back to my other true love:sp

7. goosechaser

goosechaser Senior Refuge Member

Hey Gander,
    Deal the hand that is dealt? :nutz I beleive that is play the hand that is dealt! Have another beer!

Goosechaser

8. Water Swatter

Water Swatter Senior Refuge Member

(R) That is all you need to know!

(D)= more criminals on the street, weakened Constitution, higher taxes, stricter gun laws, reduced military, weak national defense, weak standing in the worlds view, strict regulations on commerce; resulting in a weakened economy, increase in unemployment, more criminals on the street, weakened Constitution, higher taxes, stricter gun laws, reduced military, weak national defense, weak standing in the worlds view, strict regulations on commerce; resulting in a weakened economy, increase in unemployment,

It is a vicious little cycle. When the (D)’s are in power for to long the above is the result, a out of control spin that hurts us!

The balance of power

(1) Congress - Legislative Branch
    (2) President - Executive Branch
    (3) Supreme Court - Judicial Branch

On paper we are a very balanced country between the 3 branches of government. The problems are the activist judges that try to make law instead of interpret law, and legislators that want it all and refuse to work with the other side.

The (D) are the minority and yet they filibuster to stall and tie up everything that hits the floor. Even when they are given the concessions they ask for they still block the progress needed to deal with important issues; National Defense, education, healthcare and so on. Right now the (R) are the only side that seems to want to make progress on any issue and the (D) only want to stand in the way.

Listen to a (D) the next time you here them on the radio or on TV, it is all about how evil the (R)'s are and how the (R) are going to ruin the country. Then listen to a (R) and it's all about how wrong the ideas of the (D)'s are and what the (R) can do to improve the country.

The left is doing everything it can to stall, to their own detriment I might add, because they truly think that Kerry can beat bush and all the (D) seats they have lost in the house and senate are going to magically reappear this November. The (D) are blind to the wants and requests to the voters. We don't want guns in the hands of criminals and they hear gun control. We are left standing scratching our heads asking where did that come from. We want truth in sentencing for violent criminals and they loosen probation guidelines. Again we're left scratching our heads.

Now I don’t think that the (D) leadership want to ruin the country out right but I do believe the (D) would like to see several things happen to help them regain power; the war in Iraq go badly, the economy stop improving, unemployment stop going down. How does any of that help us or our country.

So for the above reasons that is why I will only ever vote (R). I don’t Like democrats because they are going to get us killed.

WS

PS next time you see one of our boys in uniform offer to buy them a beer and thank them for their service.:tu