Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Justify this you liberal lovers!

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Cariboo, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Cariboo

Cariboo Elite Refuge Member

2. oldducknut

oldducknut Elite Refuge Member

I was going to post this Traditioal Holiday greeting from BK
    http://www.pquinn.com/fries/

but the guy behind the counter suddely comes off like a brain surgeon compared to Paul Martin.

There will be no liberal votes cast from this fuger:tu

3. BRUNO

BRUNO Senior Refuge Member

Oh yeah....we don't see the ****in guy for months and in he waltzes with all kinds of good news......if you were near me 'boo I'd slap you..... dammit.

4. TPM

TPM Elite Refuge Member

Bad news indeed and don't think for a moment that they won't do it if elected. I'm sorry to say this, but hunters and gun-owners who vote Liberal at any level have a serious mental disease.

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

The bastages will not be getting a vote from anyone I know. I think we should be looking at seperation as a viable option. Put a border up at the Manitoba/Ontario border and call ourselves "WESTERN CANADA" .

Home of handguns and hard liquor.

6. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Many responsible gun owners have always felt that the long term agenda of the Martin/Chretien Liberals was to use the gun registry to facilitate an eventual confiscation of all guns. Today's announcement regarding hand guns only reinforces and legitimizes that view.

If the $1.5 billion spent on the registry had been spent on law enforcement at the borders and in confronting gang crime I wonder what the murder rate in Toronto would be today.

Can someone explain to me how targeting law abiding citizens who have held their noses and complied with a registry that is ineffective will translate in to a reduction in the illegal flow of hand guns?

—Tom Brooke | Campbellford, Ontario

Paul Martin's idea to ban handguns has to be the cheapest, most useless vote-buying trick since Trudeau's 1980 flip-flop on gasoline taxes.

Britain famously banned handguns in 1997. Since then, their handgun crime rate has more than doubled.

Martin is fear-mongering and pandering to the ill-advised. The Liberals do not deserve another win.

—Robert Slaven | Surrey, B.C.

Great, now we're expanding upon a weapons ban that hasn't done a thing to curtail illegal guns since it's inception. The problem is not that people have gun collections and do target shooting, the problem is we have a flow of illegal guns into Canada.

We need more funding to prosecute gun retailers who break the law when it comes to selling guns and interdict cross-border smuggling of firearms. If you want to get gun crime under control, stop the guns from getting in the hands of the criminals, don't ban the ones they aren't even going to be using.

—Robert Rice | Montreal

The Liberal handgun plan is a complete farce. We have had very onerous handgun ownership laws since the 1930's which make it near impossible to own a handgun legally.

I am willing to bet a years salary that 99% of the handguns used in the recent events in Toronto aren't registered as legal or in the current fiasco called the gun registry.

How is an outright ban supposed to make the country safer? It won't. Plain and simple. The answer to the problems in Toronto is longer and stiffer gun crime penalties, not banning handguns for people who use them legally.

—Nicholas Olmstead | Ottawa

A ban on handguns is misguided and will do little to curb gun violence. Current restrictions on handguns are already tight, and those involved in gun violence are ignoring the law, and would no doubt ignore an outright ban.

If a person legally owns a handgun they need a permit and can only transport their handgun on a certain route between their home and gun range. When will the government learn that tightening laws on guns won't deter those who are already breaking the law. What we need is tougher sentencing and more ENFORCEMENT.

—Mark Skoworodko | Calgary

With regards to Paul Martin's announcement this morning of a ban on handguns; would someone please enlighten me as how this will stop the spree of shootings in Toronto as well as violence in other cities.

We have had a handgun registry for 60 years now as well as restrictions in place on handguns. Drugs are illegal in this country yet anybody who wants them can get them; and even with a total ban on handguns if criminals want them they will be able to obtain them.

Like the long gun registry, this will be another money guzzling fiasco who will make criminals out of already law abiding citizens;not to mention it is an attempt to shore up Liberal votes in the big urban centres of Canada.

The sad part of this whole announcement is not only will it make criminals out of already law abiding citizens; but the real criminals who get caught with illegal weapons will continue to be allowed to walk away from our to soft justice system with a mere slap on the wrist.

—Jason Roy | New Glasgow

Paul Martins "Sweeping Ban on Handguns" is not the way to combat gun crimes. One city's problem should not be dealt with in the form of collective punishment. It is a safe bet to say that the weapons used in those crimes were not bought legally in Canada.

A better way to deal with this problem is by funding more police officers in the affected areas, social programs, and increased border patrols and protection. The majority of these weapons come from black market sources in the US. So why not go after these dealers not the law abiding gun owners of Canada.

—Shane Dabrowski | Fort McMurray

An outright ban on handguns? Good-bye Mr. Martin. The Liberals lost my vote once over their miserable attempt at stronger gun controls, and now they've done it again.

Like many Canadians, I do believe that Paul Martin and the Liberals are the best choice to govern our country. Unfortunately, it again sounds as if they are going try and manage guns used in crime by targeting responsible, law abiding citizens who legally own and take responsibility for their firearms. They should be targeting the firearms used in crime that are for the most part, illegally owned and acquired.

—Desmond McQuade | West Lorne

Even under the current laws, the people that use handguns for violent crimes posses them illegally, have obtained them illegally, and the guns were imported into this country illegally.

Once again the honest, law-abiding, responsible citizen who is conforming to current laws and regulations regarding the storage and handling of his handgun will be persecuted due to a Liberal politicians ambition.

Instead of wasting our money creating new laws and a bigger bureaucracy, why not just spend the money enforcing the perfectly good laws we already have?

And by the way, I do not own any handguns, nor do I ever intent to.

—Douglas Oneschuk | Ontario

Paul Martin can make all the announcements he wants but not one handgun death will be prevented by it. Neither will Stephen Harper's tougher sentences do much good.

The reason that neither leader's promises regarding law and order will work is because neither has addressed the primary problem in punishment and rehabilitation, lack of facilities.

If the government had spent the almost two billion dollars on new prisons and staff, Canadians would have seen a reduction in gun violence because judges could then send an offender to prison instead of handing out conditional or suspended or reduced sentence, dictated by the lack of places to put a prisoner.

I believe in forgiveness and rehabilitation but don't forget punishment. People have to pay for their crimes with the loss of "freedom time".

—Carl Burns

So now the Liberals want to confiscate my handgun collection. Destroying my turn of the century (the previous one) handgun collection. Will this really make Toronto safer?

How does confiscating guns that you can not find ammunition for become such a threat? Martin is a little boy with his finger in the dike but fails to see the water flowing over the top. How will this stop guns coming in from the USA? And who said registration does not lead to confiscation?

—Rudy | Winnipg

Now we truly have proof that the Liberal gun registry is a total failure - they are going to the next step: total ban and confiscation.

Only Liberal fools would continue doing the same old things and expect a different result. Only foolish people would vote for Liberals and expect their "policies" to work to reduce the gun crimes in Toronto and other major cities in Canada.

I supported the Liberals at one time, but no more. Their foolish spending to buy my vote and pandering to the "do something, do anything" crowd is the last straw.

—Jim Pook

Paul Martin's proposal to ban all handguns, even those from competition shooters is a false panacea to the shooting crimes in Toronto. Canadians should be made aware that this is simply a cheap electioneering stunt that the Liberals have pulled directly from the pages of Britain's Labour Party in that country's 1997 general election.

In 1997 Britain enacted some of the strictest gun laws in the world. While the number of licensed gun owners in that country has declined sharply, the illegal use of guns in crime has more than doubled since the laws were introduced.

According to U.K. Home Office figures, there were 9,974 crimes involving guns in Britain in 2002, compared to just less than 5,000 reported in 1997. Over the same period the number of homicides committed with guns has increased by 64%.

Handguns, which were the main focus of the ban in Britain, have seen the biggest rise in use by criminals. Home Office figures show that the number of crimes involving handguns has more than doubled since the ban, from 2,636 in 1997 to 5,871 in 2002. Injuries caused by handguns have also increased significantly, from 317 in 1997 to 648 in 2002.

Britain's experience is shocking, and suggests that the vast majority of guns used in crime don't come from licensed gun owners. If this was the case, gun crime in Britain would have fallen to an all time low in proportion to the drop in the number of licensed gun owners. Many people in Britain are now arguing the tighter laws were a costly and misdirected mistake that have done nothing to the check the problem of rising gun crime.

If the federal government wants to make our streets safer it should focus on putting more resources into combating the drug gangs who are perpetrating these crimes rather than focusing on law abiding sport shooters.

—Chris Rumbold | North Vancouver

Leave it to the Liberals to "Jump the Gun"! Paul Martin's announcement that he will put an outright ban on all handguns is another example of his lack of discretion.

Why don't we ban all alcohol to reduce drunk driving? Alcohol is responsible for more deaths than you can shake a stick at not to mention all the families and lives that are torn apart by alcoholism.

If I were a criminal bent on destroying lives I would be rejoicing over a total ban on handguns. Less chance of getting stopped by somebody else's effective ability to defend themselves! You have to target the heart of the criminal if you are going to change anything. Make the penalty not worth the crime! Who in their right mind would want to take a life, if it meant losing his own?

Although Singapore is not perfect, it does not tolerate criminals and it is tough on crime. Where else can a lone woman walk down the streets at night without fear...not in Canada!

—D J Humphreys | Durham

The announcement by the Liberals that there will be a ban on handguns is good politics but little else. Just how is the ban to be enforced? Does anyone seriously believe that someone intent on acquiring a handgun won't be able to get one?

Canada already has strict regulations on the owning of handguns yet criminals continue to obtain and use them. What is needed is the strict enforcement of our current laws and stiffer penalties for illegal ownership and/or criminal use of all firearms, not these useless laws that are seldom meaningfully enforced are more political optics than anything else.

—R. G. Stewart | Ottawa

7. sjemac

sjemac Moderator

This is my line in the sand. I've held my nose and complied with everything else that flowed down the pipe. Not this one.

8. cahoun

cahoun Elite Refuge Member

What the hell is everybody so worried about Martin is at Jane and Finch right now and is going to get the new gun control straightened out :rolleyes: Right now the gangbangers and drug pushers are just shaking in their boots the only thing is are they laughing or is it fear about the NEW GUN CONTROL When the FEBERALS first brought in the new gun laws it was mentioned thats what HITLER did back in the 30tys. guess what all Martin needs is that little black hairy thing under his nose :rolleyes: Do I own a gun no do I want to own a gun no but the next step is they will want to take our long guns. If you want to be treated like a floormat then just lay down the Fiberals will walk all over you and by the way they said it was only going to cost around one or two million $ to get the registry started :l :l :l if the Fiberals get back in then we deserve what they give us :z

9. Cariboo

Cariboo Elite Refuge Member

Well at least one police force doesn't think much of this plan.

Maybe the Toronto police and the OPP or maybe even the RCMP will oppose the plan as well ..................... oh hell what am I thinking! :rolleyes: Of course they would never bite the hand that feeds them.

I have been around, you just have been looking in the wrong places! LoL

10. BRUNO

BRUNO Senior Refuge Member

Good to see you though.:tu