Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Justify this you liberal lovers!

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by Cariboo, Dec 7, 2005.

1. nickle ditch

nickle ditch Senior Refuge Member

Canuk16

It turns out that the federal government contributes 22.8% of the funding for Alberta's health care. Under the liberals, tranfers to the provinces for health care was cut, i believe while Martin was finance minister.

2. brndawg1

brndawg1 Refuge Member

oh yeah that's right it wasn't about oil at all - it was those large, dangerous stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction that were threatening the world the us was able to find and destroy. what could i have been thinking?:cool:

3. bwalker

bwalker Senior Refuge Member

If it was about oil we sure got the shaft....:fp

4. webfootedquacker

webfootedquacker Elite Refuge Member

Why would the US have fought this war over oil?
    What has changed in regards to oil since we invaded Iraq?
    What advantage does the US have in regards to oil now because of Iraq?

I hear all you liberal fools continually assert the war was over oil, but I have never heard an explanation of how.
    Were we going to steal the oil? Are we suppose to get a discount since we invaded?

What is this huge advantage in regards to oil that you liberals talk about?
    Because it sure hasn't happened yet.

5. TPM

TPM Elite Refuge Member

It was about a potential threat to the USA via Iraq. I don't know, perhaps it was Iraqi's dancing in the streets with joy on 9/11. Perhaps it was their leader continually threatening the US and calling for their destruction. Maybe, just maybe the US somehow got the idea that Iraq was an enemy.

WMD? At least the US has an intelligence agency. Are they always correct? No. So what. Iraq was an enemy regardless and it's a far better world today then it was before it's fall. If you cannot see that you have a problem.

If it was only about oil, then by all means, show us the evidence and how the US has benefitted.

6. brndawg1

brndawg1 Refuge Member

i'd like to believe that it was at least about getting access to the oil in iraq as opposed to ... ummmm... cheney's desire to go to war because they didn't finish the first war properly? ....the whole thing smells very very bad.

many countries have been enemies of the usa for decades - they didn't invade those countries. why now? bad intelligence? fabricated intelligence would be a better description. or if not fabricated how about gross negligence. a threat to the us? iraq wasn't a threat to anyone which became clear once the invasion started. colin powell knew that.

the world a better place? not the world of the 30,000 +/- dead innocent citizens of iraq and there families. not the world of the 2,000 +/- dead us soldiers and their families. what about when the US deficit finally comes home to roost? likely the world economy will be adversely affected.

canada is very fortunate not to be tied up in that quagmire.

7. webfootedquacker

What access to oil has the US gotten? We are getting our same small amount of oil from Iraq the same way we always have.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the Iraqi war, but saying it had ANYTHING to do with oil is just factualy wrong.

fabricated intelligence? Are you aware that the US, British, Egypt and Russian intelligence ALL said the same thing. Wrong, maybe, but not fabricated.

Any country that harbors, trains and allows terrorist are a threat to the US. You mentioned the dead soldiers and innocent Iraqis, but forgot to mention the tens of thousands of terrorist killed, and the evil dictator that was removed.
    You seem to be a very close minded individual.

The US has had a deficit for over 30 years, you won't feel its effects.

8. brndawg1

brndawg1 Refuge Member

the idea that iraq was buying yellow cake in africa was clearly fabricated. the rest we can leave at grossly negligent.

where's the evidence that iraq harbored, trained and allowed terrorists? if there was any, the initial reason for the invasion would not have been wmd. was hussein a good guy? no clearly not (although if you recall not long ago was a great friend of the usa).

afghanistan, i have no problem with going in there and taking out the taliban. but iraq? what about saudi arabia? iran? syria (where i believe there was a steady stream of fighters and supplies coming into and out of iraq)? what about the north african countries? what about pakistan (where osama is no doubt hiding)? north korea? what about all of the evil dictators throughout the rest of the world? what about china? there's a lot "evil" out there. where do you draw the line?

i believe the usa had 4 years of budget surpluses that began under clinton. and it's gone to annual deficits of $400 billion for the last 3 years. more than ever before in the history of the usa. most countres are trying to run budget surpluses. imagine running your own house on that kind of deficit financing. how long could you sustain that shortfall.

on the contrary i have a very open mind that is not afraid to ask questions.

9. webfootedquacker

We had budget deficits for years and years, and they grew under each admin. Clintons first four years(when the Democrats controlled congress), he also ran a deficit. It wasn't until his second term when the Republicans controlled congress that they pushed a balanced budget down his throat.
    Remember, its CONGRESS not the Pres who passes budgets.

As far as this admin deficit. They had devastating events that took place that were unprecedented. Sept 11, hurricanes ect etc.
    As a conservative who voted for this admin, I think its now time we cut spending. But I strongly understand the increase in spending to help us become safer and more informed in regards to terrorism.
    But its now time to cut spending, and it appears that today they began with some cuts.
    But the safety of our countries people is more important than balancing a budget. The US has threats that no other country has to deal with. We will become safer AND cut spending.

10. bwalker

bwalker Senior Refuge Member

As mentioned the uS has had a deficiate for 30 years. Not a cent of the so called surplus was ever spent on reucing the budget.
    I might also remind you guys that the current deficit as a percentage of GDP is much lower than during ww 2.