Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Juvie dekes or ?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by portahunter, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Hunter ivy

Hunter ivy Refuge Member

Well I just started and don't have but 200 socks and 12 ghg fullbody 24 ghg shells not many but fullbodys is the way I want to go but lots of money in it

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

If I had the money and storage/hauling wasn't an issue, I'd run all fullbodies and have 10 dozen or so floaters since I have access to some good waterholes. However, since I don't have the money or the storage/hauling capability, I run sillosocks and have around 10dz whiterocks. Used to have 10 dz deadlies also but sold those off. I'll probably get rid of the Whiterocks also cause I can't stand how bad the collars are and how difficult they are in frozen ground. Everyone has their own pros/cons for different decoys, Sillosocks just work best for me.

3. Wapiti@67

Wapiti@67 Senior Refuge Member

If the geese are close enough to tell the difference between a "juvie decoy vs. an adult decoy", they should already be dead!

KID CREOLE likes this.
  4. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I like my Whiterocks as they're a huge space saver however you are right about the collars being a pain as they get all deformed when stored n don't always open back up well.However if I was a betting man I'd say jake n his gang are listening on here. I've noticed they actually do pay attention to customer needs n concerns. One of the best customer service companies I've ever dealt with.

5. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

I've had the same collar issue with rocks and it's the first season with these. In saying that, they are still catching the wind really good and opening up perfectly.

6. jthomp01

jthomp01 Refuge Member

I'd say it won't be too much longer before white rock solves the collar issue.

7. Wheels

Wheels Refuge Member

I'm a White Rock fan, but the collar issue bothers me. I did put zip ties and 1/4' tubing above and below the bottom collar but what a PIA to do. Their competitors have figured it out and put collar savers and retainers on theirs, plus they are less expensive. I'd like to stick with White Rocks, but they need to up their game or they will be losing customers.

8. Hunter ivy

Hunter ivy Refuge Member

What will you be doing with your old white rocks if you get new ones

9. kjl845

kjl845 Refuge Member

I have the White Rocks and put a 3/16 ID piece of rubber tubing on the stake pushed up to the grommet to keep the collar open.

10. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

a person shouldn't have to.

KID CREOLE likes this.