Ohio Flyway Forum Sponsors

Kalash Fiberglass Layout For Sale, MINT! In classifieds?

Discussion in 'Ohio Flyway Forum' started by seaduckhunt, Aug 9, 2015.

1. seaduckhunt

seaduckhunt Elite Refuge Member

Just put this in the classified. I know there's some layout hunting enthusiasts here so I thought I would share?.

This is a John Kalash Legend 1 layout. Never used, brand new!

I have too many boats and after years of gracing the rafters of my barn since Mark Rongers delivered it personally to me. I?ve decided to sell to someone that will put it to good use and hunt the heck out of her! This is a John Kalash Legend 1 layout boat in fiberglass, made by Mark Rongers. This layout is made tough, was purchased by me for personal use, unfortunately I have little time to use it. Kalash layouts are legendary, sporting sexy lines that make this vessel hunt like a dream--deadly on all waterfowl, stable in severe conditions. Made for one hunter, can take lots of weight and gear. The hunter in the photos is 6? 1?, weight 260 lbs, size 12 shoes, as you can see, he has plenty of room and more. Extremely versatile, it can be towed, or is light enough to place on top of a tender (my preferred method of transport). I'm listing it at $1200 OBO. Pickup only. Willing to meet within a 80 mile radius from me. I'm in Cape Cod Mass. Please no low ball offers, I know what this dandy boat is worth and not desperate to sell. Send a Private Message or email: seaduckhunt@hotmail.com

Overall Length; 12'5"
    Width at Beam; 58"
    Height above waterline; 9"
    Weight in fiberglass; 130 lbs.
    US Coast Guard Certified at their Maryland based location capacity ratings;1 person/232 lbs
    258 lbs person/gear
    Original Cost in fiberglass was; $1,300.00 USD Boat comes equipped with spray curtain and chocks to support it. Curtain is 20 mil. clear vinyl.
    *Many would say that the Kalash layout boats are the finest in design and function of all layout boats, more ducks and geese have been taken from Kalash layout boats than any other layouts on the market. This, all dating back to the late 50?s. John Kalash, formerly of Gibraltar, MI. has been building excellent one man design layout boats for close to 50 years. These safe, low profile boats have been gracing the waters of North America and as far away as the country of Turkey for many decades.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]