Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Kansas Light Geese 2017

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Neck Collar, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

The most recent waterfowl counts from KDWP&T show over 400,000 light geese across the northern quarter of Kansas...I travel all across NE Kansas & I've seen light geese all winter. Their numbers have increased substantially over the past week or so...Be safe...NC

2. negooseman

negooseman Senior Refuge Member

With no snowline anywhere close, decent temps, and thinning ice, that doesn't surprise me. I'm guessing we'll be siiting in a white spread on opening day of the CO season unless some weather system shows up.

Neck Collar likes this.
  3. Neck Collar

Neck Collar Senior Refuge Member

The latest counts show over 500,000 light geese throughout KS...We've picked up a lot of new geese over the past week here in NE KS...The 15 day forecast shows nothing to slow them down...Be safe...NC

4. wtrfwlr43

wtrfwlr43 Elite Refuge Member

I'm SSW of you about 1.5 hours. 12 days ago I had 100K in the area I hunt. Last Wednesday I had 25K of snows and specks. Saturday I had some retired Navy buddies come in to hunt. We set the spread in an awesome field. Saw not one Snow or Speck. They had moved north on us....

Neck Collar and JeremyG like this.
  5. JeremyG

JeremyG New Member

Where are you guys located at? Message me if you could. Got a long drive for the opener in Kansas. Will it be too late?

6. Cliner

Cliner Senior Refuge Member

No, it won't be too late.

JeremyG likes this.