KDWPT law enforcement attention please

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Ramblingman, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Yesterday I was literally standing in my decoys placing them about 15 minutes before legal shooting time I had Ducks Landing all around me because it was so dark, yet I hear groups shooting every single day this early. I can't believe that Hunters are so inept that they have to shoot ducks under the cloak of Darkness. I would really like to see law enforcement out in the marsh before legal shooting time and start writing tickets and kicking these guys off the water for the day. Law enforcement officers take these positions because they have a sincere appreciation for Wildlife Resources and fairchase. Why can't they get out and start hammering these people it would be so easy. We really need to start legal shooting time at Sunrise and enforce it that would be my wish.

Neck Collar likes this.
  2. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

For what it's worth, I agree, it would be good to see them in waders, in the marshes checking on people. Checks at the ramp aren't enough. Too easy to pitch that 3rd mallard hen in the reeds or whatever and never get caught. Call them up and politely ask about it, they might just start doing it.

3. Ramblingman

They also have nice LE boats to work with. Just get out there and sit in the dry boat, sip on some coffee, and as soon as guys start blasting.... light em up with your spotlight and start handing out tickets. Then make them leave.

4. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I agree with you that guys who knowingly blast away 15...or 10....or 5 minutes before legal shoot time are dirtbags, and they deserve to have their licenses pulled for the season. But, in actuality, it is pretty difficult for a LEO to make that bust.

5. Ramblingman

C'mon Tuleman, our LEs can be pretty crafty... I will bet you they could crack down on it if they want to. Haven't you ever been set up near a group that shoots early? What an I missing here?

6. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

Ramblingman...well said on all points! Move the shooting time to sunrise and enforce as written.

Shortage of game wardens is a bad deal, but jack up the fines and make it worth the effort and the problem goes away! 500 bucks for shooting early would curtail it pretty quick.

Sure seems it would be easy to enforce!

Neck Collar likes this.
  7. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

All our wardens are on the okie line keeping the okie deer hunters out of ks

8. Tuleman

Seems like it until you talk to a LEO about it.

9. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

I have...it is...

10. Tuleman

If it was, they'd be doing it....