KDWPT law enforcement attention please

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Ramblingman, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Mallets

Mallets Elite Refuge Member

I mean how tough could it be...Unload boat and go sit in middle of pool...Wait for early gunshots and drive over and write ticket!

I would be curious to see how many tickets have been written in the last 5 years for early shooting? I have a guess but will do some checking and find out!

2. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Because we pay our LEOs to enforce the law. LOL, I have a full-time job of my own, I can only confront so many violators in my spare time. Plus, I like to hunt on my days off.

stevena198301 and spaightlabs like this.
  3. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

It would not, if they have dead ducks.

Ramblingman likes this.
  4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Lucked out on the IL opener this weekend. Folks were only shooting 10, 8, 7, and 5 minutes before LST. Not one single 15-minute-early badazz in the woods. :l

Ramblingman likes this.
  5. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

here is my fix, I have been preaching this for decades but if you ban spinners, 85% of the duck hunters will have a tough time finishing out a limit and will eventually quit the sport.

Next commission meeting I am speaking on moving Teal season shooting hours to sunrise, just go to you tube and google KS Teal and watch these guys shoot in the pitch dark and tell me they can identify what they are shooting. Then walk through the marsh and start counting all the dead ducks that are protected in September. Mind blowing.

Ramblingman likes this.
  6. gadwall52

gadwall52 Elite Refuge Member

We did that once before, didn't last.

7. golden boy

golden boy Elite Refuge Member

that was before youtube, we have evidence now that it is stupid.

8. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

I'd be with GB on the LST being sunrise, except for one thing; guys would then be shooting 30 minutes before LST...... and it wouldn't be any easier to write a ticket for it.
    It might cut down on the number of woodies and spoonies that get shot, but I wouldn't bet on it.

9. gold10

gold10 Senior Refuge Member

I don’t think moving LST to sunrise for teal season is the fix-all answer either. The same guys who can’t identify a teal 30 mins before sunrise probably don’t know the difference after sunrise. You take that away from the few and you also take it away from the many who know what they are doing. I don’t think that’s right. Enforce the laws on the books...don’t make new ones. One thing that would surely be accomplished is a lower teal harvest.

stevena198301 and Tuleman like this.
  10. nick b

nick b Senior Refuge Member

You’d hope people would exercise a strange thing called self-restraint....I can ID teal pretty well but I pass on a lot of shots that end up being teal in low light just because I’d rather not get a ticket. They’re just birds...