KDWPT law enforcement attention please

Discussion in 'Kansas Flyway Forum' started by Ramblingman, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Millertme

Millertme New Member

Maybe my eyes are bad, but 90% of the time I end up waiting till around 10-15 mins before LST before pulling the trigger so I can see.

spaightlabs likes this.
  2. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

You're only shooting 10-15 minutes BEFORE Legal Shooting Time? Noob... Real men don't care about LST. They shoot when there are ducks in their decoys. Tighten up! :l

3. Millertme

Millertme New Member

:lmeant after...oops

stevena198301 likes this.
  4. marshmob

marshmob Senior Refuge Member

Sunday evening had a group shooting way past lst close to my house. Tried to find them as they kept going until complete darkness. They must of parked behind a barn or over a hillside. Send local GW the approx location and maybe a vehicle that was speeding away from the field I think they were in. Curious to see what he comes across. In my area, deer is what really gets their focus, especially during rifle season.

5. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

Two guys from Florida set up 30 yards behind me this morning. They shot 6 minutes early. Six minutes may not sound like much compared to 15 or 20, but it's still illegal. I had to take the boat right through their spread when I left, and was looking for them to tell them about Kansas game laws, but they kept their heads down pretty good; I never did see them.

6. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

30 yards? I’d probably have been in their spread in less than 2. For more than one reason... that’s BS. Complete douche move. Take a boat paddle tomorrow.

7. Geez n Quackers

Geez n Quackers Senior Refuge Member

Don't even worry about the ticket. If a group shoots too early the LEO goes cruising into their spread. Checks guns, shells, license, boat registration, life jackets, and every thing he can think of. For everyone in the group. And takes his sweet time doing so. After the group watches multiple flocks try to get into their decoys over the next 40 minutes the LEO is there in his blaze orange, maybe they will adjust their attitude. And leave them with this warning, "next time I see this group shoot before LST, I will have your boat immediately towed in and call in our sniffing dog to search your boat for any ducks you may have hidden. Oh, and I hope we can get that dog out here within the next few hours."

8. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

30 yard? You are a better man than I! I have to admit that as far as giving space is concerned I have had absolutely no problems this season. It's been a very pleasant year in that regard. Now if we could just curtail the early shooting, Sky busting, hail calling, dog zapping, and littering we would really be having a banner year!

Tuleman and stevena198301 like this.
  9. Rickard

Rickard Refuge Member

I've hunted Cheyney pretty hard in the last 3 weeks and have not only done well, surprisingly, but haven't had any negative experiences including early shooters which I usually encounter. Me and my buddy heard one shot last Friday that might have pushed the envelope as our watches had 2 minutes left before shooting light, but it was just the one and I could almost chalk it up to an inaccurate timepiece if I didn't hold myself to a few minutes past so I KNOW I'm not gonna get ticketed. There's been enough birds hanging around until recently so it doesn't make sense to swing on those birds that dive into your decoys before you can get them.

Ramblingman likes this.
  10. Tuleman

Tuleman Elite Refuge Member

We were set up on two different holes, with 30 yards of cattail separating us. I'd spotlighted them when they first arrived, so they knew I was there.