kerry's campaign will take a hit in the next week

Discussion in 'World News / Current Events Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Feb 13, 2004.

1. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

I knew you guys couldn't stand it for long and now that Clintons no longer in the picture you would have to find somebody elses zipper to sniff on. Without you Clinton zipper sniffers I'm not sure what the Republican party would do?:D

Legend

2. WoodieSC

WoodieSC North/South Carolina Flyway Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Legend,

I don't think it's because "we" go around "sniffing" the Dems zippers at all. It's just that so many of the self-righteous ones go around trolling for dates with their parts hanging out that they end up getting them caught in their zippers when they try to hide things real quickly. :rolleyes:

3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

Beans and Franks! Beans and Franks!:l

4. lad52

lad52 Elite Refuge Member

Legend:

I for one (and I believe most conservatives in general) didn't care if clinton ran around screwing every fat chick in the country. (Seems he had to rape or at a minimum force himself on even the marginally good looking ones, but that's another issue.) Hell, if I was stupid enough to have married shrillery, I'd be just as disinclined to sleep with her let alone love her up.

One more time. What we got pi$$ed off about was that he lied to a federal grand jury under oath. We know he has the morals of an alley cat, but if the cat breaks the law he should be punished.

5. Hitman

Hitman Elite Refuge Member

Just a question, because I could really care less, did Nixon get punished? I know Ford pardoned him, but did he get any punishment besides impeachment?

6. Penns-Woods

Penns-Woods Senior Refuge Member

Nixon was impeached, but never convicted. After resigning, he was pardoned by Ford and never received any punishment.

7. lad52

Can either you or hitman (obviously historical scholars) please show me where or when Nixon was impeached?

I'm kind of an older guy and can't recall him ever being impeached. He sure did resign. And President Ford sure as hell pardoned him. I'll go along with you that far.

I'd have to say the only president to be impeached since Andrew Johnson was, hmmmm, let me see.... oh that's right! It was slick willie!

8. Hitman

Hitman Elite Refuge Member

Sorry lad, poor choice of words, Nixon resigned before he was impeached. Your right I'm no history scholar, never claimed to be. Just thought I'd ask a question even though it was apparently wrong.

9. lad52

No sweat. Thought I was losing it there for a second. I ain't as young as I used to be and with 2 young kids and two dogs... you get the idea.

10. La. Legend

La. Legend Elite Refuge Member

Lad your points are well taken and I certainly won't deny that Clinton lied. I won't even say it was justified inspite of many men would have probably done the same thing. The thing that really chokes my chain is this whole under oath business. Is a lie a lie or are we to put different interpretations on them? Is lieing under oath any more severe than one that is told while not under oath? Does a lie under oath do more damnge than one that is told elsewhere? Many Presidents have stood in front of the American people and told bald face lies. "I did not trade arms for hostages" Ronald Reagan. Reagan goes unpunished because it wasn't under oath but many of his staffers were indicted and convicted for that lie. "Read my lips, no new taxes" George Bush. Not interested in why he raised them only that he did after telling the American people he wouldn't. Another lie that caused many people great harm but went unpunished because it wasn't under oath. Then theres the whole Nixon thing. Not only did he lie but he tried tocover it up. Once again many of his staffers went to jail and he's pardoned. He resigns under duress but goes unscathed for a horrible lie or in this case lies because they weren't under oath. You see my point? Sorry but this ol southern boy just can't seperate a lie undr oath from any other lie. This becomes even more important when the liar has been given the faith and trust of the American people. The Republicans turned this whole under oath thing into a huge farce and thats just plain wrong. A lie under oath is not any more damaging than one not under oath and inspite of how the law reads and when it involves the President both should be treated equally. Unfortunately that has not been the case and that bothers me. Just for the record I would have felt the same way if Clinton had been a Republican and it had been Democrats doing it to him.