Kevin Spacey allegedly made inappropriate sexual advances..

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by pintail2222, Oct 30, 2017.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

There is a fine line that can be hard to establish for people who are just trying to date or start a relationship with someone who they work with, or have a professional relationship , or some relationship where one person may have actual power or perception of power over the other. If I ask an employee out on a date, is that too far? For some, it would be, for others, not really. If we are drunk at a Christmas party, and I ask you home afterwards, is that inappropriate? Some business' will have a policy preventing any inter-office dating at all. In my store, I've had several employees date each other, and two couples that actually got married (and are still married) through the store.

As for the "shock" of these revelations, come on, do you live in a bubble? If anyone actually thought that there isn't a casting couch mentality in the entertainment industry from day 1, then your level of naivete is incredibly high. Having people afraid to come out and speak on it in the past was certainly reasonable and understandable when you think of the reality of becoming a movie star, and the pressure to fit in.

2. API

API Political Action Forum Moderator Flyway Manager

Indeed the definitions are situational. Like so much in life, things depend upon situational aspects. Is stuff consensual? Is it abusive? Is pressure or coercion a factor? For sure, no two situations are exactly the same and IMHO its folly to try and make them so.

3. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

At issue for many is the liberal hypocrisy. Not that the "casting couch" happens. Unfortunately of course it still happens. This sort of crap goes on with all sides D, R & I. All political leanings - Liberal - Moderate - Conservative leaning weirdos. It's just that the left has remained silent for all these years about their own while calling out those on the right for their misogyny and sexual harassment. They knew about Weinstein & Spacey but kept quiet all these years - while calling Repubs and Conservatives for what they kept silent about.

They are complicit in their silence! They are hypocrites!

4. CookMan

CookMan Elite Refuge Member

5. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

It's not a left right thing. It is a power and influence thing, which surpasses political stripe, sexual preference, color, ethnicity, religion, or any other adjective we use to describe ourselves. Will it continue? I guarantee someone , somewhere, is on their back on the casting couch as I type this.

The_Duck_Master, API and stump like this.
  6. API

To coin a phrase...

7. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

It isn't a right/left thing but the media portrayal and selective outrage toward it most definitely is.

blacktail, API and 3inch3's like this.
  8. Squaller

Squaller Elite Refuge Member

Yeah… I do not know what to make of that.

He at one time was the “head of security” for her… Maybe some genuine issues with payment, or maybe a disgruntled employee… Maybe one of them was a turd, or maybe both.

If she owes him money, she should pay, and there is no excuse for that… But the whole sexual misconduct allegations seem a bit petty to me… Unless there is something under that negligee that we do not know about?

9. API

Now that would be one heck of a story. :l

10. big duck hunter

big duck hunter Senior Refuge Member

Why would anybody be surprised what what a hollywood liberal like Spacey does?