Keyhole OLT D2 modification and what it is worth?

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by SO IL fowler, Jan 2, 2012.

1. DKOS

DKOS Elite Refuge Member

at least a bill...:dv

2. DrakeStar

DrakeStar Elite Refuge Member

:D :dv

3. lockingblock

lockingblock New Member

Bumping an old topic...was there much functional difference between the round hole and keyhole? Were they different model numbers!

4. Waterfoulereye

Waterfoulereye New Member

You can buy the tonal plugs on dj calls Web sight and there is several Web pages on how to shape tone boards kirk also sells the reeds I have cut several of my own calls from his stuff I bought several of his cut downs. About one in three turns out is why it's kinda pricy. The trick is getting a divit right after the cork that is about a razor blade width. And setting the Reed on the right part of the rounded end. The flat part is rasped so the Reed doesn't stick and the end of the tonal plug can be cut square 45 or rounded depending on the sound you wish to obtain. Finishing with a nail file you can also take off the square of the sides of the reeds. There is about a hundred things you can do to these duck calls you can also bore the key hole make it more open, reses the tone chanel, taper it. Etc... the reason for some of the modifications are, better Cajon squeel, bouncing hen noises, rolling feed calls, teal cut with mallet making it like a two in one for ducks. if you look at most calls there modified to do several sounds better, however you will find modified calls you will have to modify your calling if not tuned directly for you while you blow then do a slight mod over and over again. This is why I recommended learning to do it yourself. When I was a kid I watch a guy in Illinois do one for someone the basic setup he did on his own but the fine tuning took a evening when he gave it to someone.