Kids and ghosts

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by DtSB, Dec 4, 2017.

1. DtSB

DtSB Senior Refuge Member

Part of me does believe that she is seeing something. She told me all about it when I got home from work yesterday, unprompted, like it was no big deal. So maybe she is.

The rational part of me wants to believe that it’s her mind playing tricks on her.

She was pretty scared to go to bed last night and didn’t last an hour alone. She woke me up last night several times to ask me “what’s that?”. Of course she was pointing at “nothing” I could see.

2. num70

num70 Elite Refuge Member

There's actually a remarkably simple and scientific way to know if your house is haunted....

It's not.

3. killerv

killerv Elite Refuge Member

Childhood friend had a little ghost child that would try to get him to play with him at night. They lived in an old civil war era part of town. His mother swore it was true. They moved.

4. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

Sounds like her internal clock is set to go off at 11:50 every night. A vivid imagination does all the rest. An exorcism may be in order. That'd scare that **** out of her.

hobbydog likes this.
  5. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

I do believe in ghosts. I also believe that some people are more receptive to seeing them than others. I am not particularly receptive to their presence but my wife is. An old 1906 house we owned for 16 years in Northern California had ghost(s). We would hear someone padding down the hallway floor. Not so much footfalls but the old hardwood floor boards creaking as if with the weight of someone walking on them. The same sound made by one of the kids getting out of bed and walking toward our bedroom. When you're a parent you're on alert to wake up at stuff like that. Multiple times my wife and / or I would sit up in bed to address the child that would soon be popping in the door. Nothing. We'd go to the kids rooms to find them fast asleep. At the same house my wife would see a filmy semi-apparition in our bedroom toward the wall past the foot of our bed. It frequently made the same motion which my wife did not understand until our second daughter was born and we placed her crib on that wall. One day as my wife was bending over to pick our daughter out of her crib she realized that was the same slow, bending motion that she'd seen the ghost make. There was also a corner of our living room where a presence was seen...looking out the front window. Never did these spirit(s) physically touch us.

Our current house in North Idaho was built in 2002. We have been it's sole inhabitants. Weird things have happened in our big guest bedroom. During her college years, my daughter would come home and sleep in that bedroom because she'd taken the bed in her room to school. Something in there would physically pinch or grab her. My wife would occasionally wander over to that room and sleep there if my snoring was bad. She felt a presence in there also. Something standing at the end of the bed and looking at her, and not kindly. Not an outright apparition but a presence. Other guests occasionally would say something as well. This is going to sound weird, but we had a big antique chair in there. My wife starts thinking that maybe it's not the room, it's the chair. I always hated the thing and thought it was ugly so it didn't take much coaxing and the thing was in the back of my truck headed for the dump. No one has reported any weirdness since I got rid of that old chair. Honest. Maybe objects can be haunted and bring spirits with them?

6. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

DtSB, rest assured the things she is seeing are very real...to her. When I was 3-4ish, I vividly remember knowing there was a monster behind the bedroom door AND an alligator underneath my bed. Of course, they weren't there but I knew they were.

My youngest granddaughter, at age 5, told us about a ghost that she saw. She described it in detail but wasn't afraid of it, just something she observed.

7. cast&blast

cast&blast Senior Refuge Member

I would tell you to just let her out grow it but after reading the last few posts I just realized that might not ever happen. After 2 daughters and 5 grandchildren I'll tell what has worked well for me. I noticed that while being potty trained the kids would always fight their mom's about going to the rest room before getting into the bed for the night. Always said they didn't need to go etc. It was always around that same age that the bad dreams or night terrors would begin. I started telling them that if they ddidnt use the bathroom before going to bed then they would certainly have nightmares. But if you went then you wouldn't have any. Told that to them in a serious adult kind of way and how I would never go to bed without using the bathroom first blah blah blah. Worked like a charm. No more nightmares and going to the bathroom before bed time became their idea. Tell your story well whatever it is. If they believe, it will work. Good luck.

hobbydog likes this.
  8. fetchem

fetchem Senior Refuge Member

Nothing wrong with taking her and a bible in there and start reading out loud. Put the armor of God over her and ask that all evil be removed and to fill your home with the presence of the Lord.

Winchester 1897 likes this.
  9. Winchester 1897

Winchester 1897 Elite Refuge Member

When i was in first or second grade, my great grandpa in mom's side of the family passed away. Shook me up pretty bad. I will swear to the day I die, i saw him coming across the room twice from the corner of my eye.

A buddy of mine swore up and down his little brother and him were visited by E.T. when they were kids. Scraped their E.T. lunch boxes and the vhs movie after that.

I don't know if there are such things as ghosts, but just like bigfoot, i ain't gonna call anyone who saw one a liar.

10. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely.

I'm not much on "ghosts" but I do believe in angels and demons. It could be purely imagination, or there could be more to it. Nothing wrong with some good old fashioned prayer.