Kids and ghosts

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by DtSB, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Shirleyshusband

Shirleyshusband Elite Refuge Member

Same terrors and moaning in my sleep too. So did my Dad. Thankfully Shirley wakes me up.

Last one I was at the zoo with some little kids. I picked one of them up so she'd have a better view of the animals....the kid turned into a gargoyle in my arms!

Weird, spooky and ....evilish nightmares. It's the evil ones that wake me up terrified and sweating. At 61 yrs old, ya' d think I'd be over nightmares.

2. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Now this is really scary,I sometimes see either my 3rd or sometimes my 4th ex wife standing in the hallway or in the kitchen.Always at night ,but not late.Both died of lung cancer.

3. burgawboy

burgawboy Elite Refuge Member

Yikes!!

4. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

My daughter had horrible night terrors (not to be confused with nightmares) from age 2 to 6 (she’s 14 now and doesn’t have them anymore but does occasionally sleep walk). My youngest son (almost 4) has them now. They freak my wife out and she can’t deal with them, so it is up to me, and they are pretty disturbing to witness. Generally, the person having the night terror has no memory of it (unlike a nightmare). They appear to be awake, but they don’t recognize you (or sometimes they don’t even see you). Usually they respond to you, but their responses make little or no sense. Imagine going to your 3 or 4 year old’s room and seeing him/her sitting upright in bed, eyes wide open, tears running down their face, shaking uncontrollably in fear and them not recognizing you (or worse, shrieking in pure terror at the sound of your voice or when you touch them). Not one of the most pleasant experiences for a parent. The only thing that you can really do is sit with them until it’s over (usually lasts 10-30 minutes) and try to get them to lay down or get back in their bed if they get out.

Night terrors usually occur 1-3 hours after falling asleep and we found that the more exciting/stimulating of a day that our children have had, the more likely that they would have a night terror that night. If we took them to an amusement park or if they went to a really fun birthday party, it was almost guaranteed that they would wake us up screaming a couple of hours after going to bed. We started putting them to bed early after such days. It doesn’t stop the terrors, but at least we were awake when they happened (opposed to waking up to screams).

5. The_Duck_Master

The_Duck_Master Elite Refuge Member

Is she holding a knife?

6. marsh man dan

marsh man dan Elite Refuge Member

My 5 year old daughter still gets these after playing with her cousins for a day and my little boy 2 gets them almost nightly. It sucks and yes that look they give you like they are almost looking right thru you

7. BADLARRY250

BADLARRY250 Senior Refuge Member

I'm not a really a believer in ghosts but me and my buddy both saw something one night that was weird. We were at the bar we usually hang out at that is literally in the middle of no where( farm fields and woods all around it) only people that go there are locals. Well our friend was bartending (her grandma owns the bar) and she wanted to close up and go to one of the bars in town around 9 pm. So we helped her close up, a couple neon lights stay on as well as the juke box , so you can see the inside of the bar pretty well from the window outside. After helping her, me and my friend were talking in the parking lot when I see a "ghost" thru the window in the bar walk across the room. Right after I saw that my friend turns to me and asks if I just saw that and I said yeah. not sure what it was, and no we haven't even had a beer yet that night. We told our friend who was the bartender and she says she thinks its her grandpa and that other people have seen something too

8. J.Bennett

J.Bennett Elite Refuge Member

Like I mentioned, there is definitely a correlation between how exciting/stimulating their day was and whether or not they have one that night. My youngest had them almost nightly (4 or 5 nights/week) like yours from about 2-3 years of age (but think about how exciting and fun everything is for a 2 year old). Now, he's on the "super-fun day = night terror tonight" program. I hope he grows out of it like my daughter did.

Like they don't even see you and if they do, they don't recognize you. As a parent, there is something about it that is very disturbing. It's too much for wife, she ends up in tears, so the duty falls on me.

9. River Duck

River Duck Refuge Member

The same thing happened to me. Walked into the shop behind my house and undoubtedly smelled my dad. Probably a year after he passed.

10. Northhunter

Northhunter Refuge Member

My aunt died of hypothermia/exposure surveying out in Alberta before I was born. Traumatic time for the family as she was missing for several days. My grandfather wanted to be buried with her, so my grandparents held on to the ashes. Her favorite place at the camp was the sauna. My grandmother and mother used to claim they would see a "shadow figure" pass by the front window (the way to said sauna) from time to time. That ceased when the ashes were finally put to rest.

Roy G. likes this.