Kill Gene from Bay Country Calls

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by drk9988, Oct 6, 2018.

1. drk9988

drk9988 Senior Refuge Member

I have been a a search for a new short reed for the last couple months.. I had points where I thought I had found one but luckily I continued buying selling short reeds.. If you are a call buying freak like me you know that feeling when you put that one call to your lips that will change everything. It is going to make you consider selling off the entire stable and filling it all with that one call.. Well the Kill Gene did that for me. It's shocking a short reed that can truely do it all from top to bottom. Easy to blow easy to get finesse notes on and just all around good goosey tone.. To me it is a relief that I no longer have to search for that one call. I have no affiliation with any call makers so this isn't a hype it up deal it's just what I have found after spending a ton of $$$$ on calls...

2. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Senior Refuge Member

Does this call come with bigs?

3. drk9988

No it comes with standard BCC guts. What I have found with my other calls that have these guts is that they break in very quickly and just get better and better.. Even not broken in these guts sound awesome.

4. 11-87 Va

11-87 Va Senior Refuge Member

I haven't ran the Kill Gene yet but the new Winter Harvest is a very nice call as well! I have heard good things about the KG and will probably get one sooner rather than later! John makes good stuff!!

OneShotBandit likes this.
  5. drk9988

Yes the Winter Harvest is Awesome too! The Winter Harvest has massive volume that will reach out but still sound like a big goose! Both are awesome calls and both are super easy to blow!