Killing Carp the fun way!

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Chris Benson, Jun 15, 2003.

1. That sounds like some fun. In a river by my house, in the summer, my friends and I go swimming and try to grab them and throw them up on the banks.

2. Flyin40

Flyin40 Senior Refuge Member

I from Ohio also and.................I shoot tons(literally) of carp each yr. Its a blast. Boat lets you get bigger ones because you can cover more area and be picky but stalking them in the back bays is the real challenge. As far as anti getting ahold of this stuff I'll leave a link to check out. Just go to the hate mail section and read some, its pretty funny.

One other note, I'm sure most have heard of Cedar Point Amusement park in Ohio, well they have these feeding areas for the carp, probably thousands of carp weighing 40lbs plus, and the feeding area is in Lake Erie which is, you guessed it, legal to bowfishing, so you have people feeding carp, just pull up in a boat and put one down their throat. The crowd just stands there silent!!!!

www.crowbusters.com

Flyin

I am just joking on the last part, the part about shooting them, the rest is true, they are huge carp. I seen fishpro was from port clinton and was having a little fun. :l :l :l :l:

3. FishingFool46456

FishingFool46456 Senior Refuge Member

Wow, flyin40, that hate mail is hilarious! It is funny how little this people know and how much smarter than every hunter they think they are! Wow...:rolleyes: :l

4. American1st

American1st Guest

If ya know what your doing it's pretty easy to cook carp to taste just like crappie. Pretty good stuff if cooked right, provided of course you enjoy eating fried freshwater fish.

5. Flyin40

Flyin40 Senior Refuge Member

Carp...........hmmmmmmmmmmm, not sure about eating them but if prepared right I guess they could be okay. I do alot of fishing at Alum creek, I believe its ranked #1 for cleanest lake in Ohio, don't think its #1 in the nation but anyways, the channel catfish out of the lake are tasty, by far the best catfish I have tasted. Even the flatheads are good. IF there was a lake I WOULD ATTEMPT TO EAT CARP from it probably be Alum Creek.

Flyin40

6. fishpro43452

fishpro43452 Senior Refuge Member

Hey Flyin`, check your PM`s.

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander Elite Refuge Member

be using them good ole dove loads

8. brunstick7_7

brunstick7_7 Senior Refuge Member

use your imagination,

carp
    firecracker
    lighter?????

9. eagleeyejohn

eagleeyejohn Senior Refuge Member

Brun Firecracker? More like M-80 or Cherry Bomb for those 40#er's

10. Tlingit Warrior

Tlingit Warrior Senior Refuge Member

I like Carp, Theres a bunch in the lake by my house, the water is real cold because the inlet river is glacier fed. I've hooked carp in that lake with my steelhead and salmon gear and couldn't even slow them down. They're alright in my book.

If we should kill carp because they're not a native species then we should kill Bass in about 90% of the lakes in the united States, because they take over lakes and kill off Native species of trout and other aquatic lifeforms.

We should kill off all Pheasants because they're not Native!

Hell, we should kill off whitey because they're not native either.:l :l :l