Killing Carp the fun way!

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by Chris Benson, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Haus

Haus Elite Refuge Member

Could be one of the funniest things I read on here....thanks

Haus

2. BlazeLab

BlazeLab Senior Refuge Member

''

3. BlazeLab

BlazeLab Senior Refuge Member

;;

4. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

I can't believe this thread is still active. I made the orginal post in the spring, here it is Oct and it's still going. wow.

5. Rockblind

Rockblind Elite Refuge Member

22 KM from Stakeblind 4000 KM from Stoneblind's Ho
    Chris you should be proud!

6. MSDuckmen

MSDuckmen Moderator Moderator

First the Coon and now the carp. All for the sake of saving the ducks.. :rolleyes:

Sad Chris... very sad.

You could kill 5000 and not make a dent.. one spawn will put them right back.

Kill if that is your thing just don't lay it on the backs of protecting ducks.

7. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Your right MSDuckmen, it's not going to make a difference.:(

No point in putting up anymore Mallard tunnels or wood duck boxes ether, more than likely that won't make a difference ether, That extra $20 I had laying around that I was going to send to Delta or DU, isn't going to make any difference ether, so I won't bother.:( :confused:

Point is, Every little bit helps. If you could only see the devastation these fish have done to the marsh you would change your tune. They eat the new plant growth and prevent any new plants from growing since they muddy up the water so badly. Areas that once had all sorts of duck feed in it, now have nothing but mud.

Having a 36,000 square km marsh is great, but with high water, carp, predation, pollution etc.. take a heavy toll on the ducks and they haven't nested here for years. These areas need to be managed. If you want to see birds over your decoys, you need to be willing to kill a few skunks, and get rid of the carp.

I will be going carp hunting once again this spring and hopefully will be able to kill lots more. I will also shoot skunks on sight any time of the year.