Knowing it all

Discussion in 'Political Action Forum' started by API, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

These Trump winning the election comment reminds me that several people I know who are very strong CONSERVATIVE Republicans did not vote for Trump this election. One I know voted Libertarian. He changed his mind and switched to Libertarian when JEB quit.

Don't have a point to make with this...but y'all might have some thoughts about a minor anybody but Trump faction in the Conservative Republicans.

Did Trump run as a Conservative...or more of a moderate in some areas?

2. double limit

double limit Elite Refuge Member

3. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

He ran as not one of them.

4. eel river

eel river Elite Refuge Member

But then declared its "his" party! What a goffball.

5. grahler

grahler Senior Refuge Member

I am trying to understand the response here.
    It's impossible to be a wise duck caller without field experience calling ducks in by definition.
    You can't extrapolate from my example that it's missing the big picture that's a non sequitur leading into a straw man.
    I am not sure you thought this through.
    I am pretty much saying the concept applies across the board in terms of wisdom vs knowledge. Again you can google how to hunt ducks just like how to call ducks. You can google wingshooting techniques, decoys etc.
    From that you get some level of THEORY.
    You have ZERO wisdom.
    To put your own argument back on you I would simply say take the two people ignorant of duck hunting and let one actually HUNT as well as research for the two years so one side can gain experience and wisdom. Everyone who hunts ducks knows that there's no rules to any of it. It's what's working today or isn't. I've broken every theoretical idea in existence and bagged ducks because of it so many times anymore I view it a certain way. They are more like guidelines than rules right. Like pirates?
    Let the other research all the you tube they can. Books vids etc.
    The first one would have some wisdom after the two years and the second would have none.
    Obviously the experienced guy will kill more ducks on average after the two years.
    When you go into the field conditions vary and you must adapt and overcome. All aspects improve with experience. Also the experience includes interacting with others who are seasoned and may choose to impart some of their wisdom by sharing.
    Also you can view what successful hunters are doing under those conditions in many cases.

It would be neat if this thread somewhat returned to the original topic even if it's somewhat off topic for paf.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  6. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

I know two of those papers are extremely liberal in their bias and I believe the Arizona Republic had just been recently merged or bought out by a liberal news agency.

The Mineral Wells Index endorsed her...big whoopee do. :)

7. Ron Gilmore

Ron Gilmore Elite Refuge Member

bloviate some more eel! Say how much money on that slam dunk win for Hillary did you lose!!!!

Here is a bit of an observation for you just how many of your gilded wisdom tidbits on the election work out? Think you suggested that the REP would lose the Senate and maybe the House with Trump on the ticket.

The point remains the same today as it was the day after the election you have no frigging clue. You articulate well but with no real sense or pulse of what the everyday Joe thinks matters.

Could be you think your to good to rub shoulders and elbows or a coffee counter with such creatures. They might soil you and make you unclean! Go put on your new clothes! Emperor!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  8. Bear

Bear Elite Refuge Member

And General Mattis was through his nomination hearings and done in near record time. If I remember right someone on here said he wouldn't become Secretary of Defense.

9. pintail2222

pintail2222 Elite Refuge Member

Had Ron posted a response using the word "goffball" your response would be that he misspelled "goofball". And you'd be on him for three or four more threads about it.

10. grahler

grahler Senior Refuge Member

IMG_1985.PNG

pintail2222 and Bear like this.