Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Lack of geese

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by joe117, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Trevor Shannahan

Trevor Shannahan Elite Refuge Member

Yes, most of the sold out ones were custom one offs. The acrylic calls that are marked sold out are just that way until I get a good inventory on each color.

2. Trevor Shannahan

I shake my head and move on more than you know. I type responses, especially on FB, and delete them all the time.

3. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

That's fine and dandy, but don't act like that is the norm and don't pretend you are getting an equity for that $700. At least when you buy a boat or decoys they have value.

Trevor Shannahan likes this.
  4. muddyduck

muddyduck Elite Refuge Member

....and neither is walking in to public land with a pair of hip boots, a dozen El Cheapo decoys, and a box of Xpert steel and consistently killing limits of puddle ducks.

"and don't pretend you are getting an equity for that $700. At least when you buy a boat or decoys they have value" ......Equity and Boat used in the same paragraph kind of flys in the face of common knowledge too.

Mr_Mallard likes this.
  5. Mr_Mallard

Mr_Mallard Senior Refuge Member

Are you in millington anymore

6. Montauker

Montauker Elite Refuge Member

Very little in the hunting world gains value over time, one of the only things to buck that trend is one's experience.

Keith McGowan and Mr_Mallard like this.
  7. Ruination

Ruination Senior Refuge Member

Good luck paying your mortgage with experience. We are talking about actual American green backs here.

Mr_Mallard likes this.
  8. Scotty

Scotty Elite Refuge Member

Im sure you can- but carrying two dozen decoys a half mile is pretty damn strenuous. Especially in waders, with a blind bag, something to hide in etc- and, you couldn't walk into where I was talking about- I drag and pull decoys across marshes constantly- that's just the way it is down where I hunt.
    I've hunted public in Missouri, Arkansas, Delaware and Maryland- and I can say that I've walked in, boated in, poled in etc and none of it was easier than driving into a field and setting full bodies out.
    There are plenty of places I go that are easy- but, still not as easy as a Canada goose hunt on a private field.

9. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

....isn't that how most people do it

10. Trevor Shannahan

I'm not even in great shape and a half mile walk with two doz duck decoys doesn't even make me break a sweat. I wear breathable waders and use natural cover so that doesn't make it any more strenuous. I used to do it every morning before work in MI because it was on the way to the shop and I had great hunting doing it.

A lot of the fields I hunt in MD get too wet to drive in for half of the season. A lot of farmers across the country won't even let you drive in even if its dry. Carrying stuffers or FBs in 4 at a time across a muddy field isn't what I consider easy by any means. But neither goose nor duck hunting is very hard work. Snow goosing is a different story.