Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

Ladies and Gentelmen of the SIZ.

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by Orange_airbrakes, Dec 21, 2003.

1. duckmann

duckmann Elite Refuge Member

MM where you been???? I figured you'd be out trying to chip the frozen tears off of your face since the entire southern 1/2 of the state is By GOD Froze Up because the club owners got such a late opener and we all got froze out the first week before we even got our decoys wet!!! BWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!:sp :l :nutz

2. Orange_airbrakes

Orange_airbrakes Elite Refuge Member

Come on duckman, Let him be wrong in peace.:l :sp

3. cornbuzzzard

cornbuzzzard Senior Refuge Member

I'm with you man, sure was a lot of crying and jaw flapping about the deep south club owners getting there way with the late season, and we were all going to be screwed by the big freeze! Well, looks like a lot of people were wrong! I supported the later season and am still sitting here waiting for the ducks to migrate down. Its a good thing those club owners know more bout whats going on than those posters crying about the later season. Otherwise ourt season would be closing in a few days and the majority of the ducks are still sitting North!!!

4. 1GRN_HD

1GRN_HD Elite Refuge Member

:rolleyes:

Yep, this is a typical year that's for sure.

It's always in the 50's during Christmas/New Years week. :rolleyes:

5. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
    they have the weather thing done right for the SZ this year. too bad tho, just like the geese that don't show up anymore, now the ducks are avoiding us........hey i did kill a limit of skeeters again this morning so it wasn't a total waste.....

6. Jan

Jan Senior Refuge Member

Say Discus, At least you got a limit of something. At Captin & Denmark there’s no ducks no geese no BUGS left to kill ?!? I think I might have gotten sun burn today. HAVE A SAFE & HAPPY NEW YEAR JAN

7. mrmallerd

mrmallerd Elite Refuge Member

Yap, Got a sunburn today, haven't seen a duck in about 6 days. Sure hope this isn't the spring thaw:confused: Been pretty lucky sofarr. Crappie are biten pretty good. Water temperature is in the 30s. Won't take long for this puppy to get hard if we get any weather. Just hope it doesn't. I keep hearin the SIQZ people talken about their best duck season ever. Just doesn't make since to me, Cause I was shooten ducks this time last year(in Southern Zone) Could somebody please explain how the later season dates has helped this year.

8. Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack Elite Refuge Member

What is the limit on 'skeeters' anyway?
    How many hens? How can I tell the difference?
    I'm really into fly hunting, but would like to try 'skeeters' once.

Cap

9. discusdad

discusdad Elite Refuge Member

it ain't illinois, now its montana, and glad of it
    well, they all got 6 legs, but about 1/2 of them look like they got 7. thats not a leg............. a good swatter will hold back till he can at least double on them. dang tho, its so hard to find bands. these old eyes ain't worth a **** anymore. i probably threw some fine jewelry away

10. duckhead00

duckhead00 Guest

come on guys gotta be ducks somewhere