Ladies??

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by twospots, Jul 6, 2005.

1. twospots

twospots Elite Refuge Member

When and how did you get interested in hunting? Just wondering... I only know one female interested in hunting and her mom works for the division of wildlife... So I know her answer...

2. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

My dear ole' Dad who never thought he'd NOT have a boy :l... Of course, I went everywhere with him and most of the time he was going fishing or hunting. I heard him tell his buddies at the trap range "You can't leave her at home". "He!!, half the time she's waking me up to go or I find her sitting in my truck, waiting".

:tu

3. DuckHerder

DuckHerder Refuge Member

My grandfather and father both loved to hunt and I loved being with them. They both instilled the love of the outdoors and hunting in me. My grandfather let me shoot his 30-06 when I was about 5, knocked us both over, but I hit what I was aiming at.....been hunting and shooting since then.

4. Blueyed-goof

Blueyed-goof Senior Refuge Member

I was born into a hunting family, but for the most part because I was a girl I was not really allowed to go. Sure it was ok to shoot a gun, but not a living critter. Which makes no sense considering my mom and my aunts were all and some still are avid hunters. Anyway in high school my swim coach introduced me to duck hunting and I've been at it ever since.

5. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

I've gotta ask you gals something. How many of you would be hunting today if your husbands or boyfriends were not hunters? I sure hope it's a higher number than I suspect.

6. Lowtide

Lowtide Elite Refuge Member

My little girl (19) has always been welcome to go hunting with me. She never liked the idea of shooting animals & I didn't try to force it on her. She does like shooting clay birds though & I'm happy with that. My wife is the same way, loves to target shoot but no hunting.

7. SPECKLEBELLY13

SPECKLEBELLY13 Senior Refuge Member

I started following my dad and his buddies around when I was about 5. All I could carry was a BB gun. I'm the same as Kimmie, 4 girls in the family and no boys. Oh well, ya gotta make due! I have continued to hunt, and fish. Had my own fish house on Mille Lacs when I met my hubby. He had a house on the other end of the lake.....Soon turned into one house together. He will say I am his best huntin partner. And yes, my endurance outlasts alot of the guys. I would still be hunting and fishing without him, but together it is fantastic!! 2 hunters in the family means twice the decoys.........

8. twospots

twospots Elite Refuge Member

LOL... Thats what I look for in a woman.... How many decoys does she own? :tu

9. setter

setter Elite Refuge Member

now if she likes dogs you're set lol

10. DuckHerder

DuckHerder Refuge Member

I hunted even when I was between husbands. Either would go by myself (that is when I got both of my bull elk) or go with my brother.

I always have gone to the mountains by myself cutting wood, hunting mushrooms or hunting bigger game, but I must say since I met NDTerminator hunting is sure a lot more fun. I still go out deer hunting by myself, but I know he is only a call away if I need help dragging out that big one. :p