Ladies??

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by twospots, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Kimmie

Kimmie Moderator Sponsor Moderator

I'm going to hunt one way or the other... I've been hunting alot longer than I've been married.

:sp

2. Ladyotl

Ladyotl In Memory<br>04/06/72 - 09/10/07<br>Moderator<br>W

My brothers got me interested in hunting when I was 3 or 4 .They used to take me to the pond with a bb gun and let me shoot frogs. It just progressed from there.

There's no doubt in my mind I would be hunting. To be honest,I probably wouldn't have gone out with a guy that didnt hunt. Good thing I met my husband at a hunter safety course when we were 15 :yes

Darlene

3. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Kimmie, and Darlene......That's what I like hearing. There are very few women in this neck of the woods that hunt if their husbands or boyfriends don't. I wish that were not the case, but I do think things are changing. I met a couple of young gals at hunt tests, that are crazy about hunting, and they're not married or attached. I personally don't think the sport will survive without more women involvement.

4. twospots

twospots Elite Refuge Member

There you go... now that's the perfect gal... I dream of the day I get a call on my cell from my wife asking me to bring the dogs out to help track the buck she just arrowed... I'd love to get the decoys out and then be able to gve my hunting partner a smooch on the cheek .... Of course if I did that now, I'd get a face full of #2 steel. :dv

5. quivira kid

quivira kid Elite Refuge Member

Now she shoots 'em with a shotgun... still doesn't know what a duck even looks like. :cool:

(hi dar!)

6. SPECKLEBELLY13

SPECKLEBELLY13 Senior Refuge Member

I have the dogs too!!! 2 labs and yes they share the bed at night. Just ordered an 18 foot Beavertail boat with a 31 hp long tail this past weekend. Only stips on the deal is if I was able to drive it too!! The test drive was awsome :grvn After that, shot 2 rounds of sporting clays. Made for a great day. I wish more women hunted in Minnesota. I join the guys most of the time, but fit in just great. I learn a new vocabulary, and create body sounds and give the sh$t right back.

7. jro

jro Senior Refuge Member

Posting this for my wife (per her permission). She started hunting with me about 30 years ago, did it for a couple of years then stopped when we had kids. She never hunted nor fished prior to me but always loved the outdoors. After kids left home she started again, about 5 years ago. Not only does she enjoy hunting ducks, she loves trout fishing, shotgun target shooting, and dog training.

She has thought that she would like to help teach women in California about hunting and shooting by joining the Dept of Fish and Games program called "Becoming and Outdoors Women". This is something I see her doing in retirement which is getting close for her, shes 55. BTW, she is a very good looking woman.

8. MNDAWG

MNDAWG Elite Refuge Member

Let me tell ya she can shoot! I don't know of many women up here in Minnesota that can have a good time hanging out with a bunch of overweight guys in 93 degree heat for two rounds of clays :l

9. Griffgal

Griffgal New Member

Here's one...............I was out with the hubby, and his friend last weekend in that heat shooting clays and I have the sunburn to prove it(not enough sunscreen :eek: ) They were shooting their black-powder shotguns and had to stop quite often to let the barrels cool off so I got to shoot alot.

As to the original question. I did not hunt before I met my husband but it is a BIG part of my life now. I did however have a Mother that liked the outdoors and we would spend our vacations in the country when I was growing up. She also had books about animals, birds, insects, flowers, trees, fish etc. for us to learn from. She definitely tried to instill the same love of nature in me that she had.

10. cid98

cid98 Elite Refuge Member

Not married or attached, that won't last long.