Ladies??

Discussion in 'Women's Hunting Forum' started by twospots, Jul 6, 2005.

1. WingshooterMN

WingshooterMN Elite Refuge Member

Dang, probably right. I dated a girl that grew up fishing all the time and gotten into pheasant hunting, got a dog and everything, and wanted to try duck hunting too... It was pretty cool going on a 'date' and going fishing.

2. Pine

Pine Elite Refuge Member

my wife likes to fish ,turkey hunt, and deer hunt...but she draws the line at getting up at 3:00 in the morning and breaking ice to set decoys.. :confused: :confused:

3. Califduckdogs

Califduckdogs Senior Refuge Member

I started hunting when I was young. Started with a Daisy BB gun at 4 or 5 years old, then progressing to a Benjamin pellet gun shooting little birds out the the trees to feed the cats :dv First game I hunted was jack rabbits at the age of 8 with the 22 rifle. I grew up not having anyone to teach me how to hunt. Parents were divorced, lived with my mother and grandparents. No brothers only sisters. And I was the only one that liked to hunt. My grandparents lived on a small farm. I spent most of my time there. My horses were there so I would beg to stay and not go home.

We had lots of pheasants on the farm and I was not allow to shoot them. Grandpa would invite co workers out to hunt them. I would just watch from a far and wish I could be there with them.

When I became a teen and found boys, I stopped shooting. It seemed to scare some of them. When I got in my early 20's, I met a guy that was a duckhunter. He took me duck and pheasant hunting.....I was hooked!!!!!

Then I met my husband in my later 20's. He was a deer hunter and a cowboy.....We met at a boarding stable were we both had horse boarded. We decided to get married on horseback on opening day of deer season and for our honeymoon I wanted to pack in on horses and go deer hunting. Well, since that day of our wedding, I have hunted every season there is to hunt from ducks, pheasants, doves, quail, pigs, turkeys, and deer on our anniversary. I love hunting with my husband, but I also enjoy time alone in the duck blind or in the field.

I go to most of the Hunt Test here in Calif. There are only a few ladies I know that hunt and are single that do HT's. Finding a good man that likes to hunt and train dogs is just as difficult for a single lady.

Hunting as a passion....I raised two children. A boy and a girl. I taught both of them how to hunt and it just wasn't their thing.

Dana

4. Lame-Duck

Lame-Duck Elite Refuge Member

Dana.....I wish there were more women around like you. We sure need them. :yes I'm sure we've crossed paths at hunt tests in the past. I've run all three of my labs many times over the years, at tests in Southern California, Los Banos, Salt Slough, Mendota, Dave Vegas, Mark Grupe's and Grizzly Island.