Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

lake allatoona

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by green green boom, Dec 24, 2004.

1. green green boom

green green boom Refuge Member

i was on another site and i saw a fella posting up some pretty good things about lake allatoona. i was just wondering how hard the lake is to hunt and if i would need my boat. im gonnna be in georgia around the first of the year and i either want to hook up with a guide or get on some good public land.

any info as to a good guide or any hints on some public land would be appreciated. i am goning to be staying in atlanta so i dont need to get too far away from there

2. dep_6

dep_6 Elite Refuge Member

Wish I could help ya but I am way too far south, and have never hunted t here!!

3. green green boom

How far from Atlanta are you?
    I dont neccessairly have to go there, i just heard (or read) that there was good duck hunting on that lake and thought i might try it. I would just like to try some georgia duck hunting. I will be leaving for my trip tomorrow

4. RB

RB Elite Refuge Member

Green..........Most folks wont say stuff on the internet about their honey holes cause of all the lurkers but let's just say ifin your hunting the Toona bring plenty of shells wink wink.:tu

5. green green boom

in the great state of georgia now.... i have to go to meetings all day tomorrow but if any body is looking to take an out of stater along for a good waterfowl outting i would be more than happy to tag along............ im pretty excited about allatoona, sounds like georgia may have a well kept secret!

6. River

River Senior Refuge Member

green,
    Just follow the OOS'ers from AL to all the hot spots! Make sure you have written permission if you hunt private land.

River

7. green green boom

8. RB

RB Elite Refuge Member

The "Toona" as we old hands like to call it should be private but it aint.

Any Internet "I read a book about duck hunting" expert can & will try to learn about our shared obsession by tryin to hunt the "Toona"and all to many of these fine men meet their end at the hands of the "Toona".

If you go be prepared with a dry suit & a locator beacon, cause the seas can turn ugly in a heart beat.

Good Luck:tu

9. green green boom

well fellas the "toona proved productive. i went there this morning and had a spectacular hunt. i hope i dont make anybody mad tellin, but allatoona is definetly a very well kept secret!!!! im going to bring my son back and hunt in a couple of weeks...... all i can say is wow!!!!!

i went out there blind and had a limit of ducks in an hour, and it was 59 degrees !!!!! where do all those birds come from? and to top it all off the sunrise was spectacular, what a better way to spend a morning than in the blind with a warm cup of coffee watching the sunrise harvisting duck!!

thanks to all the georgians i meet at the ramp who offered up the great advise. a georgia waterfowler is a true sportsman!!!