Georgia Flyway Forum Sponsors

Lake Altoona?

Discussion in 'Georgia Flyway Forum' started by markethunter, Jun 29, 2005.

1. hunt-chessies

hunt-chessies Elite Refuge Member

i'll show up to a fuge hunt if someone carts me along with them. i'm lacking a boat at the time, and don't see one in my near future. ofcourse it will depend on mammas aproval and weather or not im deployed. you set it up and let me know!! i'll call my yankee friends and see if they will push some birds and cold weather our way!!

2. WOODIE13

WOODIE13 Elite Refuge Member

We both may be in the same boat (or shape so to speak :D ). I will see what I can do. :tu

3. Bigswamp

Bigswamp Senior Refuge Member

I've got a boat and I'll make the time if ya'll want to put it together. :tu

4. WOODIE13

We can start planning for it, dependent on what the season will be. Still say a 6/60 this year is my guess.

5. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Senior Refuge Member

I've got a boat with a blind, that will hold 3 if necessary. January hunts are tough for me though, as that starts my "busy" season. Could do a Sunday one pretty easy though at that time of year.

6. WOODIE13

Sounds good :tu I am sure we can adjust a little, one good thing about having some time.

7. SG-20

SG-20 Senior Refuge Member

Heard you shoot nuthin but banded bull sprigs, black ducks, and cinnamon teal on Toona. Woodie, how bout the coordinates? :tu

8. markethunter

markethunter Elite Refuge Member

I shot a banded Black Duck over there last season on the "TUNA". All the GA hunters are headed off to OOS some sucker from Bama or Arkansas, or S. Carolina out of their honey hole for 1 lousy shot at a duck..........

And I'm sitting less than an hour from the house popin divers and an occasioal bonus duck like a Pintail or Black or Wiidgeon.

NO pressure = Blood Bath.

Believe it. But you didn't hear it from me. :no

Coosa = Pintails

TUNA = Blood Bath.

I planted a mud flat with Millet over there this time last year and nobody ever hunted it but me. NOBODY. Like a private hole on public land. :yes

9. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Senior Refuge Member

Well, Market, you know it's always safer to hunt with a buddy. Out of concern for your safety, I'd be willing to tag along with you for a hunt or two.

10. Floridaboy

Floridaboy Moderator Moderator

I don't know if this applies anymore, but when the lake was low in the mid-late 80s, the mouth of the Etowah River was a great place to hunt.

Shot mallards and teal.

You would probably have to have a layout boat to hunt it today since the water is high again.