Lake Oroville Spillway Failure

Discussion in 'California Flyway Forum' started by fnull, Feb 7, 2017.

1. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

The apple did not fall far from the tree.
    Hiding costs from the taxpayers, you know the little people.
    Sound familiar?
    They hid and continue to hide the biology too.
    C.B.
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/6995921-181/ex-governors-ambitions-paved-way-to?artslide=0

"SACRAMENTO — Historical records reveal the late Gov. Pat Brown misled voters about the cost of building the nation's tallest dam, ignored recommendations to delay construction and dismissed allegations that substandard materials were used to build the ambitious project."

"He campaigned relentlessly and convinced the Legislature and then the voters to approve a $1.75 billion bond measure when the federal government couldn't help with funding.
    He later acknowledged in an interview for an oral history project at the University of California, Berkeley that he and his advisers realized the project's true cost was probably around $2.5 billion, but they weren't sure voters could handle such a number."

"For his part, Brown saw the Oroville Dam and the water project as chances to leave his personal legacy. "I think it's a monument to me, and I'm very proud of it," he said."

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  2. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

Kind of like the Tunnels and Bullet train his kid wants.

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

He's a politician...they all lie.

Allinodad and dwhauss like this.
  4. Buttesmacker

Buttesmacker Senior Refuge Member

5. Dek

Dek Elite Refuge Member

Thanks for the link, amazing scenes. Earlier in this thread I mentioned pure luck that the rain quit when it did during the original failure. Even luckier was having some rock that stopped the scouring from blowing out the whole Dam. Does that look like it will be ready by next winter:doh