Lares Help

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Sowtx92, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Sowtx92

Sowtx92 New Member

Hey guys, I’m a new member here and looking for advice on running a Lares T-1. I’ve posted a quick video on this to get yall’s feedback. I’ve been using the reference word “hook.” I know this is pretty basic stuff without much variance in cadences or a low end but I’m just trying to master the basics on this call first. Don’t hold back, any feedback helps. I appreciate the advice in advance!

2. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Breath the word quick.
    ONLY do single quacks one at a time.
    One quack and then lower the call down to your waist.
    Then bring it back up for one single quack
    Lower it down to your waste.
    Continue ONLY this until you have a quality quack. This will teach you muscle memory

STUMP

3. Sowtx92

Sowtx92 New Member

Thank you for the reply. Do you mean quick as in that’s the word that you suggest to “say” into the call or to breathe into the call more quickly?

4. Neckband4

Neckband4 Senior Refuge Member

that's the word you breathe into the call. Don't say it, breathe it. Lots of youtube stuff if you're just getting started

5. stumpjumper0531

stumpjumper0531 Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

Breath into the call sir.
    Also learn to lower your afams apple so as to be fogging a mirror when you breath quick.

Remember...one at a time

Stump

6. dgp1717

dgp1717 New Member

I'm happy to try to help you out. You sound really similar to how I used to sound before I decided to learn how to call. I watched every YouTube video and read every single article and forum trying to figure it out--and I finally did--took me around two months of practicing every single day. But I tried to be very deliberate and understand what I was doing in learning the correct air and air pressure needed to make a call sound how it's supposed to. So I may be able to help you out.

The only two calls on my lanyard are a Lares T-1 (1.365) and Hybrid (1.375). So I'm also very familiar with how those calls run.

Shoot me a direct message.

freefall likes this.
  7. Quakbangsplash

Quakbangsplash Refuge Member

Another tip is to try to blow out the call on the top end. You will get a higher pitch ring and its impossible to do without using your diaphragm and having an open throat. This will teach you correct presentation and then you can use the same presentation and work your way down to mid range and close calling. Agree with Stump that you should get the carlsons a-z. Its the only way I have heard it verbally taught effectively. Most guys that call good have no idea what they are doing, they have been doing it for so long they just don't really think about it. I will say there is a company ducklander calls that has some good youtube videos out as well as elite duck calls has a video series that is good. However, what sounds ok in you house will sound like garbage in the field. Keep your throat open/relaxed and use deep air. Keep messing with it, you will get it. Took me a few years to sound decent.