Lares info needed

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by PAwaterfowler13, Jul 9, 2018.

1. CA Birdman

CA Birdman Elite Refuge Member

I see Brett usually couple times year. Never met this Greg guy. Brett has turned a couple hedge calls for me that were excellent work and has some more exotic material I expect to get back shortly. My son has bought a couple of Lares hybrid and timber calls after the redesign and they sound better than the original design and tolerances are much tighter. Comment about turning calls in colors never to be turned again, why would call maker ever agree with that as limits options to make money unless they were paid handsomely and signed a contract. Prices people are paying for calls is stupid. I love my lares calls, but on a whim I bought a RM Alpha and that is a sweet call for $90. Only downside is it has a cork instead of a plastic wedge.

2. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Aluminum and all wood calls went from 400 to under 200 in a matter of months from the things greg is putting out
    Chart pearl and other acrylics that had 10 or fewer calls made before went from 300 to 150 with the new runs brett has done
    The only call my friend has that is worth what he paid is the preban ivory

I don't collect anything so i don't really care, and i agree i doubt brett signed anything saying he would never make certain colors again but i do think they were supposed to stop making wood inserts.

And i agree, a brett call runs/sounds better than a joe call (not that joes were bad)

3. drk9988

drk9988 Senior Refuge Member

Only place to buy a JJ Lares Duck and Goose call and know you're getting the best product fit finish and sound is the JJ Lares Shop 15303423068 or upperduck.com..Both places easy to deal with and great customer service...I like the T-1.. The ones I have gotten from upperduck or the ones Bret has made me recently are some of the best sounding and blowing calls I have ever owned.. I have been buying them since 2004.