lares to other single reeds

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Calling Forum' started by Quakbangsplash, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Duckjunkie194

Duckjunkie194 Elite Refuge Member

I love my Lares calls and my RMC’s. If i want to blow a double, it will be a Doc Hull’s Double Duck. Between coffee, donuts and Mountain Dew, everything sticks!

2. Quakbangsplash

Quakbangsplash Refuge Member

So I got my RM cold weather fan in the mail last night. I absolutely love this call. It sounded great right off the bat with no adjustments from the lares I have been using. I am used to lares hybrid and t1 with 1.375 reeds and I would describe the cwf as very similar except sounds a bit smoother to my ear and slightly easier to blow especially feeds. Well done on a great call!!!

3. Rick Hall

Rick Hall Elite Refuge Member

Glad to see you found something that apparently fulfills your wish.

4. Quakbangsplash

Keep in mind this is only my second call. I was more curious than anything as I kept hearing how lares were "different" and I wanted to make sure I was not developing any weird habits. They seem very similar to me in the way you need to present the air etc.

5. NCBADGES

NCBADGES North / South Carolina Flyway Moderator Moderator

I see the ole Lares haters live on. Good lord, can't y'all find something else to bitch about besides the fact that Joe has probably made a million bucks off of his calls ... which are some of the finest out there, btw.

And Chokes...if it sticks, your blowing it wrong.:dv

Carry on....

ncb

choc24/7 likes this.
  6. Quakbangsplash

7. choc24/7

choc24/7 Elite Refuge Member

grooves, yeah. toneboard was doc hull. grooves are pointless if they have nowhere to "drain" and just sit on the toneboard is my point...joe makes a great call, i just stick 'em cuz i don't call right.....

Stump, i am yet to stick my Alpha, thank ya

8. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

I’m just trying to balance this forum. Lares are fine calls but this place has turned into a 24/7 advertisement for them. Why not pimp RMC? Just as good calls and the guy seems to be a really nice dude, helping our troops and anybody that has problems with calls or calling.

I want to challenge all you Lares pro callers. Post up a sound file. I’ll post up a file of me and my improper technique. I’ll be blowing a RMC or RNT and we can see if the gurus can back up all the smack talk.

9. California Flyway

California Flyway Elite Refuge Member

Paging Bret Crowe.

First caller in this first video.

Do post up yours.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  10. Mr. Chokesonducks

Mr. Chokesonducks Elite Refuge Member

I don’t care about Bret. I want to hear from the pro Fuge Lares gurus. I could post up a file of T Rex that would beat that. What’s the point? I’m not a comp caller.

The point I’m trying to make is that a lot of Lares guys on here aren’t proficient enough on a call to be giving new callers or any callers for that matter all this advice.