Last Weekend

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by The Mad Duck, Jan 2, 2018.

1. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

Last weekend was spent chasing Swans,Snow Geese and Bears at Pocossin NWR,Pungo Unit.
    There were more Snow Geese than I remember seeing in years. The afternoon we arrived, there were three flocks in a series of large fields at the front end of the refuge. One flock was 4-5K, The second flock was 15-20K and the third flock was 40K+. Mixed in with all those geese was 4-5K swans. Needless to say,there was quite the racket. The small flock of Snows was literally 50 feet off of the road. I actually had to pull out a smaller lens to get photos. The geese were s close that a cell phone photo was clear crisp and close up.
    the second day, we saw 5 Bears,but were only close enough to 2 for photos. A mama bear and a cub showed up as we were starting down one of the roads. There was another vehicle coming from the other direction and mama bear put it in high gear across the road. The cub followed closely behind. I havent processed the photos of the cub yet. Here are a few photos from the weekend.

Attached Files:

2. The Mad Duck

The Mad Duck Elite Refuge Member

Bears

Attached Files:

3. boykinsbuddy

boykinsbuddy Elite Refuge Member

Sweet shots. The bears are great.