Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

last weekends drawings

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ten times better, Jun 8, 2017.

1. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

MudDuk - I like the idea of three names on the registration card. When that card is drawn those are the names that go on the blind! That would put a stop to the big numbers group traveling around. The site I dray at has a group of 100-150 that comes all the way down from Chicago. Free booze, free food charter 2 buses, spend the night, buy hunting licenses if needed, shotgun raffle and you don't buy the tickets, they are given to you. Also a group of 90 from Springfield and a group of 90 from Decatur. Last year the groups got 10 blinds -6 of them in the top 10 of the area. I have addressed this problem w/ S'field numerous times. Always say they are looking at it but nothing ever changes !!!

2. Troller

Troller Senior Refuge Member

I am not pointing any fingers and will not mention names. Drawl blinds effect my very little if any, but who knows what the future holds for me or my family?

Many different groups and organizations have came out and said that waterfowl hunter numbers are going down and hunter access is one of the top reasons why. Here is a great opportunity for one of these organizations to help the waterfowl hunter with access or at least try. I think most of us would be willing to write an email, vote, come to a meeting or make small donation to straighten this out.

3. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

Even as an OOS now, I agree with residents first just like other systems. Other states are taking a similar approach, AR just limited OOS permits on public areas to slow the OOS flow and give the residents (what they think) a better shot.

4. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

I think I know who I'm drawing with 3 years from now :yes:clap

I dont know what the solution is...perhaps the " 3 names on a card " is more fair but like I asked a few posts ago, what happens if someone dies, moves away etc ? ....allow a one-time "drop a guy - add a guy " ? If I had any friends or even got my own damn name drawn, I'd like the option of discussing whos going on the blind after-the-fact, instead of before.

Who knows? At least we have a thread going on this Forum :l

5. rism

At the sight I draw at right now the only change allowed after the draw and submission of blind registration papers is the death of one of the 3 blind owners on the registration. Then you better have a death certificate. I understand your wanting to be able to put someone on after the fact. However what happens at the drawing I go to and two others that I know of: Chicago group draws 3 good blinds. The one that draws it has to go on the registration. Then they put another of the group on each blind. THEN: they find a local that doesn't work, retired, etc. and put them on the blind. Blind gets hunted by the local and his buddies during the week and the Chicago group hunts it weekends and holidays. Blind is actually hunted 99.9% of the season and never goes to the daily drawing!!

6. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

I'm back from NASHVILLE and loved it. honeymoon 50yrs late I will volunteer to get the info to the idnr if we can get a list of ideas that r good , reasonable and can be accomplished after that last draw I think they want improvement. I'm 71 and have my own 2 blinds and a great snow goose spot. like Carlyle I'm out of the fight. but I do think you gentlemen r right so lets get a list with at least 100 sig. [that won't be hard] and see what transpires. 8yrs ago r so I saw a single guy[t d] with the idea we needed 4 zones get told by the director of idnr that would never happen.We got a note to Sen Durbin showing the benefits and all of a sudden that same director had this great idea of 4 zones. id do this but I have trouble organizing a ONE CAR FUERNERAL.AND SPELLING

7. rism

ten times - Need a moderator on this site to set up a petition we can sign into if possible. Thought about sending a petition around at the different drawings but not sure how that would work. Maybe need to actually get the director to one of the drawings. Rice Lake, Woodford County, or Sanganois, those are the worst as far as I know. I've been to all three and they all seem to operate the same. Large groups, grandmas, wife's, girlfriends, that have no intention of hunting. If you want to increase hunter participation then you need to give them some place to hunt !!!

8. 3inch3's

3inch3's Illinois Forum Moderator Moderator

If someone can figure out how, I'd be more than happy to set up a sticky with a link to the petition..........

oops, I forgot, so in true IL politics, as long as I have a spot in the winners blind........lol

9. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

I'm in 2nd blind had the best a couple of times and I've hunted there maybe 7 x 's

10. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Senior Refuge Member

I think the big draw groups are unfair.
    I also think it is unfair that I can't get to a good spot at Carlyle sub impoundments because I'm fat at slow ,,, I think it should be staked and a daily drawing held. put that on your petition also