Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

last weekends drawings

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ten times better, Jun 8, 2017.

1. dvegas

dvegas Senior Refuge Member

Lotta whining on this thread

2. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Senior Refuge Member

. But but but ,,,why can't
    Everything be fair??

3. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

scruffy I also have got old and fat and there is rumors of course/ all u here is Carlyle the last bastion of the freelance hunter terry d work and fought for the old hunters maybe someday but I'm to old now and terry has got tired. 2 yrs ago the same 11 boys hunted the best spot 58 days of a 60 day season, THATS FAIR? TRULY STAKES WOULD SOLVE A MULTITUDE OF PROBLEMS. 1. YOUR TO CLOSE 2. MORE SPOTS 3. GOING IN EARLY 4. SHOOTING SWINGING BIRDS 5. EVERY ONE HAS THE SAME CHANCE AT A SPOT etc etc etc I've hunted there long before the levies and one last thing needs to be done to get it back to the glory yrs . return the staging areas. MOST OF YOU YOUNGER MEN HAVE NEVER SEEN THE BIRDS RETURNING AT 1 OCLOCK TO GRASSY OFF P.LOTS 1AND2. IT WAS A SITE TO BEHOLD [PS HAVE WE CHANGED SUBJECTS]

4. scruffyduck

scruffyduck Senior Refuge Member

Yes 10 times I remember 1 o'clock flyback and yes I believe I changed subject but same type of matter on state owned ground.,,, I do have a better chance of being drawn for a couple year blind sight than I do of beating a young guy to the best spot in subs or for that matter ,people camping for days to save the spot on lake or river ...

5. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I find this rather interesting, as we hear absolutely nothing from the director. As someone who has been very active with the department for well over 50 years, almost 30 as an employee, the MAIN job of the director is to make sure there is enough money and staff to protect our natural resources. Thus far, even when IDNR earmarked funding was under fire, Director Rosenthal behaves like a mime, making zero public statements. In talking with fellow retired employees, some with as much as 50 years at IDNR, we find his silence disturbing. If he were still active in the military, I would consider it grounds for dereliction of duty charges. Just the HO of myself and at least another three dozen retired employees.

6. rism

rism Senior Refuge Member

Biding his time for retirement? I'm not so sure he is what everyone thought he would be? That's the main trouble with having a political appointee be the head of the Department- Republican or Democrat !!! Needs to be an elected position responsible to ALL the people. Needs to be 5 Region directors and they elect the IDNR director - 6 yr term- Takes Chicago out of the mix and recently elected officials out.

7. ten times better

ten times better Senior Refuge Member

he seems to listen but as I said before not anything done. it seems to me all the states but us keep improving. I feel were going the other way. u boys know I only hear from his very good friend, can we move him off center or is it a lost cause.

8. rism

Lost cause until proven otherwise !!!!

9. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

I think rism will agree with me...It's a sad state of affairs at IDNR. There are a lot of personnel busting their humps to try to make chicken salad out of chicken dung. Unfortunately, they are getting zero help, direction from legislators, the governor and even the directors office. I'm totally amazed that the remaining employees keep trying, with such miserable conditions. It's a real tribute to their character and fortitude that they are able to do what do...with absolutely no support.
    I just heard today that they don't even have paper towels or toilet paper in the bathrooms at the main DNR office...people are carrying their own! If they ran out of TP in the legislative or governors bathrooms, that would be a true crisis!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Il. MudDuk likes this.
  10. rism

We (FOS) have been told numerous times by the site manager @ one of the premier duck hunting spots that the site would not be able to stay open if not for our assistance. Sad, Sad, Sad. I urge all hunters of public grounds to get prepared. If there is no funding they may try to close all public areas. They threatened to do it a while back. I have bolt cutters and may end up in jail BUT--- It is our ground paid for with public money- I will go hunting on that area !!! I would like to see them try to stop 300 daily hunters as long as they all feel the same !!!

CLS Posse likes this.