Illinois Flyway Forum Sponsors

last weekends drawings

Discussion in 'Illinois Flyway Forum' started by ten times better, Jun 8, 2017.

1. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Remember when Blago closed down sites? At Illini St. Park, they had to leave one road open, as it's the only way to the Marseilles lock & dam. They also had to leave the boat ramp open, as it was built with federal money, but they made it tougher to get to. The park road was blocked off with those concrete barriers like they use on highways. A cherrypicker would be more useful than bolt cutters. Thus, it took an extra 4-5 miles to get to the ramp road and you sometimes had to clear branches, etc. when you got back on the park road.

2. Il. MudDuk

Il. MudDuk Elite Refuge Member

Ed, maybe if retirees such as yourself would give back the 6 figure retirements your'e getting, it would help.:yes

As for me, I'm saving for retirement by picking up aluminum cans along the interstate.
    At 45 cents per pound locally, I'm well on my way to retiring by the age of 97 :grvn

riverrat47 likes this.
  3. riverrat47

riverrat47 Elite Refuge Member

Cans are going for $ 0.45/lb.?!!! Why aren't our elected officials out on the roads picking them up. If they were out there at least they wouldn't be screwing something up, plus they would be adding to the state coffers.
    The only way my retirement check comes to six digits is if you count the digits to the right of the decimal point, too.