Last Youth Hunt

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by bill cooksey, Mar 27, 2016.

1. bill cooksey

bill cooksey Elite Refuge Member

Hope y'all got em before tthe wind came up today. Let me know if you need someone to keep an eye on the place. I've been looking for a turkey only lease nearby for years.

2. duck recruiter

duck recruiter Senior Refuge Member

We are having a great time; five hunters have managed to kill three so far. Two were two year olds and my dad killed a big three year old yesterday at 11:15. I called up one for my dads best friend (our host). I had a big tom strutting at 60 steps this morning; a 45 minute show with seven of his girlfriends. Maybe could have shot him when they first moved into the neck of a field but he was strait to my right and would've had to make a move for it work. Only hunted until 10:00 because I had to take a conference call at 10:30. They have gobbled very good early but are getting quiet when they hit the ground; but that's what they tend to do while they're with hens. My plan is too get under them in the dark tomorrow. I am also going to make a stand this afternoon and see if he might be lonely. I'll be headed back home to the Natural State tomorrow afternoon.

bill cooksey likes this.