Latest Christian Waterfowler Digital Magazine

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by Tim Sallee, Oct 17, 2016.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

That comment came from a buddy...

We were driving down the road one day, and we passed a "something-or-other Primitive Baptist Church". My buddy said "hypocrites", pointing at the church. I asked him what the Hell he was talking about. His exact words: "Bunch of hypocrites claim to be primitive, but they have an air conditioner right there on the side of the building where everyone on the road can see it".

I about lost my ****, laughing. :l

2. Hugatree

Hugatree Elite Refuge Member

Ha. I think it has more to do with Arminian versus Calvin ergo I choose God versus He chooses me. Whereas your garden variety Southern Baptist of which I am believes in Free Will as per the Arminians and your Primative Baptist believes in election ala John Calvin. Jacabus Arminius was one of the movers and shakers in the Free Will movement.

Myself and for what it is worth, I went through this exercise and came out of it believing that the two views intersect at some point. Ultimately God does call us to Him through the Holy Spirit and we accept that calling coming to Faith in Christ realizing it ain't what we do but it's what He did, is doing and will do in and through us. All right no more preaching. I was raised in the SBC walked down front twice and got a new suit every Easter and was there almost every day of the week but God didn't grab me until age 27. He did it not me. Since that time I've failed over and over but He always draws me back sometimes after much hardship. I say whatever you do, give the credit to the Good Lord and if you do have a cold beer, know others are watching who may be searching. If you hunt on Sunday thank Him for the ability to be there as you would any other day.

3. Hiram Evans

Hiram Evans Refuge Member

God hates Game Wardens. If he liked them, he would have not made them Game Wardens. They are of reprobate mind and unredeemable. That means there is no chance of salvation for them.

4. Hugatree

The GW coverage was wild in the bottoms the day they caught that thug breaking into folks trucks last season. There was even a commissioner working the beat the day they caught the Scourge of Humnoke. I've never seen that many Green Jeans in one place. It's been a while since a Gold Badge has happened upon me.

5. Hugatree

Hand I know has been hunting AR for 40 years. He starts in Canada and works down. He's told me he's had an AR Green Jeans pull him over in town just because he had camo and out of state tags. A man can never be too careful. Once upon a time we were down in Felsenthal and on the way out, we stopped to take a leak. Two hands in a beat up boat drift up on us and grab the the cap rail. They've got these old cheap Fred's Dollar store imitation wool jack shirts on. They open the jack shirts and it's two Gold Badges. They went over us with a fine tooth comb and once we checked out, we shot the manure and drank a cup of coffee. Some of the best areas I've ever hunted have been given to me by game wardens. They know I couldn't calll chickens with corn or hit the road side of a barn so they feel sorry for me.